Just wondering. I keep hearing about the Ballistic Nylon and the Metallic Red, but not the black.
    11-26-2014 06:30 PM
    Mines black, but it's wrapped up in an a Otter Box defender
    BlueBlazer60 likes this.
    11-26-2014 08:13 PM
    Yes. And it's odd that the black has a different feel than the red. I also want to say, before someone else says it more rudely, I'd suggest checking them out at the store and not just ordering online because each one really does have a different feel. (people like saying the obvious, like "why ask us, just go to the store and look at it and decide which YOU like"), not realizing that we're just bouncing ideas off each other. Like the person who likes criticizing that I made 2 posts lamenting the lack of data and voice

As far as the BN, I'd personally stay away from it. Eve though some love it, it just seems there's too many minor issues that a minority of people are having with it, fraying, indentations, creeking, listing. As regards to looks, it's just like so many other possessions - you're the only one who notices it, everyone has a phone and no one drools over someone else's. If someone wants to flame me for it I wont even bother responding
    11-26-2014 08:37 PM
    As far as the BN, I'd personally stay away from it.
    I would have loved the Black too, though I am fine with the Ballistic Nylon. Gotta have 64 GB though.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.
    11-26-2014 09:00 PM
    I didn't get a chance to test any of them, it was a spur of the moment online purchase. I knew I wanted the phone and 64GB sounded great so I went with the Nylon back. No creaks or weirdness going on with mine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2014 09:04 PM
    I love mine. Doesn't slide on anything. Don't have a case. Only phone that I have ever used naked.

11-26-2014 09:28 PM
    And it's odd that the black has a different feel than the red.
    It's not even subtle........

The black feels like the current Maxx. It has a soft-touch feel/matte finish that I, personally, like a lot.

The red, which is what I think I'm gonna buy, is a REALLY great red. It is glossy, with a hard/glassy feel. I don't like holding it as much as the black, but going to show my immaturity and go with look over feel.

The BN is exaclty as described, like high end luggage covering. It is, in its way, also great to hold but I wonder about durability.

As you say, you gotta try them. They are very different from one another.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:27 PM
    I got the Ballistic Nylon due to the 64GB. However I would have gotten the regular black if it came in 64

dmark44 likes this.
    11-27-2014 10:11 AM
    ... As regards to looks, it's just like so many other possessions - you're the only one who notices it, everyone has a phone and no one drools over someone else's. If someone wants to flame me for it I wont even bother responding
    You're 100% correct - I am the only one who's interested in what my phone looks like which is why I want the one that looks best to me. I'm by no means flaming you, but dismissing a purchase decision because it it made based partially (or even significantly) on appearance is without merit. It's a valid criteria in the purchase decision making process.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-27-2014 10:35 AM
    I saw all three in person for the first time yesterday. The red color is a very nice looking red. The BN looks great too. The soft touch black feels great and phone itself feels great in hand. The extra thickness of the BN model was noticeable to me. The way other two were just the right thickness and contour to feel very comfortable to hold. Sure wish 64gb was an option for all 3.

Sent from my Moto X
    11-27-2014 09:01 PM
    Without regard to looks, the black felt the most comfortable to me.
    11-27-2014 09:27 PM
    Just wondering. I keep hearing about the Ballistic Nylon and the Metallic Red, but not the black.
    I had the Black Kevlar which was very nice . I traded it in because I wanted the 64GB version instead . No issues with the Balistic Nylon .No fraying on mine . As for indentations in the BN they were caused ay a certain case being used on the phone and from what I understand the indentations went away after the person left the case off the phone for a little while . Go with the one you like best .
    11-27-2014 09:46 PM