So has anyone seen any videos testing the water proof nano coating or has anyone accidentally dropped their phone in water and have it live to tell the tale? I would like to know if my phone will actually be okay if it gets wet.
    11-26-2014 10:01 PM
    I went to Disney World last week and got caught in a serious downpour. Everything I had on was soaked. At first I panicked because I forgot about my phone, but it emerged unscathed. I know it's not the same as it being completely submerged, but it was dripping water when I pulled it out of my pocket. Also, I read a review (don't remember which one) where the reviewer put it under a faucet without issue, so we know it's at least water resistant.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2014 10:08 PM
    Had a buddy with old droid razr with the same nano coating. It went into a lake in his pocket it survived but had slight corrosion in the charging port after a few days. Had to clean it out but still works to this day. Its actually his daily phone still

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2014 07:02 AM
    Yeah, I dropped it in a puddle. Freaked the **** out, since I'm usually careful with my stuff. Phone still worked fine. I was actually in a phone call and they asked what the hell just happened. No issues. However, I'm not willing to test the coating, just glad to know it works.
    11-27-2014 12:10 PM
    On Moto's site they claim it is water resistant and when the phone was introduced, they made a big deal about its splash resistance. I, too, wonder how water resistant it actually is and what the difference is between this phone and a Razr, etc.
    11-27-2014 12:48 PM
    They claim water resistant due to the nano coating on the internal parts, however they would be opening up for liability to call it water proof, because then someone who wanted a new phone could just soak it until it did quit and claim their statement to be false and fight the claim.

I havent seen videos on the turbo, but ive seen the youtube vids of the droid maxx being thrown n a bathtub and was fine.

Someone from Motorola last year said that all Motorola phones had the nano coating. Anyway it was someone on these forums claiming to work for them.

I figure the nano coating is an added bonus, and i have answered my turbo when i was n the shower w out any issue, but i wont dunk it on purpose lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2014 08:47 PM
    My phone was caught in a downpour and it worked. I purchased a Life proof case to give me that peace of mind; however, the Life proof case sucks, but that's a different conversation.

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).
    11-28-2014 06:11 PM