02-05-2015 09:24 PM
95 1234
tools
    My Tylt confirmation came about 10 minutes after my Paypal confirmation, so they're a little slower than the instant e-mail notifications most of us have gotten used to.
    Yeah, got mine about 15 minutes after.
    11-28-2014 03:43 PM
    Well, the pages finally loaded and all of them say sold out.
    11-28-2014 04:33 PM
    Wow - this happened last year also. They said they would honor the deal later if you sent them a particular email (don't remember if it was a certain email address or a subject line keyword). In any case, if they did honor the deal to some people, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Good luck and congrats to those who managed to get one.
    Yep, same here. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about too.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop
    11-28-2014 06:23 PM
    I ordered 2 last night, one as a gift, after reading this thread. I had convinced myself not to spend money on qi chargers, but thanks to you all, I'm diving right in! It really is an amazing deal, and the reviews are pretty much stellar. I think I might just be a believer now!
    ibcop likes this.
    11-28-2014 09:00 PM
    Sadly, still sold out. Wasn't going to jump on Qi train, but this was a good price. I'll check back here and there this weekend, see if they open sales back up again.
    11-28-2014 11:26 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the fairly flat slope of the surface on the TYLT, but the hardware itself is easily the best looking out there, and at half off, I just couldn't resist. I figure it won't be too hard to prop up the back of the stand to give it a more vertical profile, and still maintain the charger's esthetic appeal.

Sorry to those of you who missed out. Congrats to those who scored.
    ibcop likes this.
    11-29-2014 07:52 AM
    Click on the item so that you see the item description ans Quantity. Enter the quantity you want, then press the enter key on your keyboard and you're off to the races. Don't ask me how I figured it out, but I did; I was also confused. Good luck.
    Yeah. Crappy shopping cart. No submit button.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-29-2014 10:03 AM
    I got one at Verizon when I got my Turbo. It was $20 off on sale, then I got an additional $20 off. Couldn't pass it up even though I thought I would never really use it. I use it all the time when I'm listening to Slacker, or watching shows/ movies. Works great since when I'm watching stuff I like to turn up the display brightness. Now I don't kill the battery when I watch stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2014 11:11 AM
    I don't see the attraction. Especially at that price. I can buy a Qi pad for $10 (already have) that works just fine. To buy one embedded in a stand you cannot adjust and have to pay 7x more seems, well, foolish. It looks nice but way overpriced.
    11-29-2014 03:23 PM
    I don't see the attraction. Especially at that price. I can buy a Qi pad for $10 (already have) that works just fine. To buy one embedded in a stand you cannot adjust and have to pay 7x more seems, well, foolish. It looks nice but way overpriced.
    Not so 'foolish' when I consider what I use it for and then consider that based on that usage, I would be wasting (I'll take your word for it) $10 on something I would never use. I use it while playing Slacker while I'm doing something else, or while sitting down watching a show or movie with the brightness turned up to take advantage of the beautiful screen without killing my battery. For me, if I just wanted to set the phone down flat to charge it, I'll just plug it in and take advantage of the 'Turbo' charge. Anyway, with the $10 versions, do you really have to provide your own power cord?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2014 01:56 AM
    That's whole point of this particular thread. Those who are interested aren't paying 7X more if they are taking advantage of the sale. They are still paying more for sure; but $35 for the TYLT compared to (what I assume is) a single coil $10 pad is by no means an unreasonable price difference. Especially one as nice looking as the TYLT. Now, at full retail, I am very much on your side of the price-to-value argument; I personally wouldn't pay $70 for the TYLT. But I cheerfully paid $35.
    11-30-2014 10:23 AM
    That's whole point of this particular thread. Those who are interested aren't paying 7X more if they are taking advantage of the sale. They are still paying more for sure; but $35 for the TYLT compared to (what I assume is) a single coil $10 pad is by no means an unreasonable price difference. Especially one as nice looking as the TYLT. Now, at full retail, I am very much on your side of the price-to-value argument; I personally wouldn't pay $70 for the TYLT. But I cheerfully paid $35.
    The thing is laying back 45degrees or more! I use stands all the time, but they are adjustable and able to hold the phone more upright. The angle on this one is non-adjustable as far as I can tell. If Tylt comes out with one that is adjustable (and folds up for travel) I might be all over it. But I've tried a number of fixed stands and they are never the way I want them.

And yeah, the $10 one needs an adapter. I have them everywhere. I swear they reproduce in dark places.
    11-30-2014 10:42 AM
    The thing is laying back 45degrees or more! I use stands all the time, but they are adjustable and able to hold the phone more upright. The angle on this one is non-adjustable as far as I can tell. If Tylt comes out with one that is adjustable (and folds up for travel) I might be all over it. But I've tried a number of fixed stands and they are never the way I want them.

And yeah, the $10 one needs an adapter. I have them everywhere. I swear they reproduce in dark places.
    I have 3 of the cheapies spread around the house too. They're super convenient for the price to have on an end table for instance. For a desk at home or work, I'd prefer a stand. Yeah, this stand is a bit flat for me too I think. I'll know for sure when it shows up. I can easily rectify that situation by placing something under the rear to prop it up a bit. Sure, it'd be nice if it were adjustable, but it isn't, and I'm currently unaware of a QI charger that is. I'm not saying the TYLT is the end-all, be-all Qi charger, and frankly, I think $70 is over priced by a large margin. Without trying to flame, you seem to be asserting that it has little to no value at any price; which I feel is a statement with no merit. IMHO.
    11-30-2014 11:26 AM
    FYI, Tylt customer service told me Vu orders are really delayed and that some people as of now may not even get them before Christmas. Other items might be as well, but I only asked about my Vu order. They were slammed because of that promotion.

They said those who ordered closer to the beginning of that promotion last Wed, 11/26, will be processed this week or next. Although, I placed my order last Thurs but they couldn't promise me delivery by Christmas either, ugh.

As a sidenote, I just posted a similar message in the Black Friday deals Tylt Vu thread on accident. I searched for Tylt Vu threads, wasn't looking or thinking, went with the first one, and forgot to check the forum it was in, newbie mistake. I need to make sure that my Droid Turbo brethren get this info!
    12-03-2014 09:02 PM
    Check it out:

Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger-tmel-charger.jpg

Amazon.com: Tmvel T3 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Mount Cradle Stand, 3-coils Portable Folding Dock for Note 4 , S5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 1020/920/928, Moto Droid Maxx/droid Mini, HTC Droid Dna, HTC Rzound, Blackberry Z30,
    Kaiser Droid and dungoyle like this.
    12-03-2014 10:55 PM
    12-04-2014 07:32 AM
    FYI, Tylt customer service told me Vu orders are really delayed and that some people as of now may not even get them before Christmas. Other items might be as well, but I only asked about my Vu order. They were slammed because of that promotion.

They said those who ordered closer to the beginning of that promotion last Wed, 11/26, will be processed this week or next. Although, I placed my order last Thurs but they couldn't promise me delivery by Christmas either, ugh.

As a sidenote, I just posted a similar message in the Black Friday deals Tylt Vu thread on accident. I searched for Tylt Vu threads, wasn't looking or thinking, went with the first one, and forgot to check the forum it was in, newbie mistake. I need to make sure that my Droid Turbo brethren get this info!
    That's interesting, hopefully the one I ordered Friday morning doesn't take forever to come in!
    12-04-2014 01:51 PM
    Okay, that adjustable is pretty darn cool, but I'm not ready to part with $55 to own one. However, it's a much better deal than the normal $70 for the TYLT, that's for sure.
    Kaiser Droid likes this.
    12-04-2014 02:22 PM
    Update for those who placed a Vu order during the 50% off promotion last week - they sent out a mass email tonight, here's the gist in case anyone didn't receive it:

"We sold out of our 2 months stock in 2 days... We will ship as many orders as possible next week and then there will be period where we will need to wait for more stock which will arrive on Dec 25th. We are going to process orders based on the time they arrived in our system as that is the only fair way to handle the backlog. If you wish to cancel your order please contact customer service and we can do that. Please to not contact customer service and ask for us to prioritize your order, we must be fair and that means first orders received are first orders shipped... Please accept our apologies if we have spoiled some gift plans."
    12-06-2014 01:38 AM
    Hope we don't have to wait too long.
    12-06-2014 08:14 AM
    Update for those who placed a Vu order during the 50% off promotion last week - they sent out a mass email tonight, here's the gist in case anyone didn't receive it:

"We sold out of our 2 months stock in 2 days... We will ship as many orders as possible next week and then there will be period where we will need to wait for more stock which will arrive on Dec 25th. We are going to process orders based on the time they arrived in our system as that is the only fair way to handle the backlog. If you wish to cancel your order please contact customer service and we can do that. Please to not contact customer service and ask for us to prioritize your order, we must be fair and that means first orders received are first orders shipped... Please accept our apologies if we have spoiled some gift plans."
    I got this email as well - it's not looking good for those that ordered for gift giving, but I'm going to stay the course and wait. Sure can't beat the price. Although I do wonder why they didn't have more stock given the same thing happened last year.
    12-06-2014 08:37 AM
    Strange. I received no email. Ordered the Friday after Thanksgiving.
    12-06-2014 11:29 AM
    Seeing that Tylt ran out of their Vu stock after a 50% off holiday promo a year ago means they really should have learned something. I didn't quote their entire email, but they also said in the email that there was a "software glitch" that caused them to sell beyond the limit that they had placed based on stock - so did they also have this glitch last year? Elsewhere in the email it states that they had a "normal 2 months stock" on the Vu - this is the busiest shopping time of the year, anything but 'normal'.

On top of that, everyone has seen that Qi charging has continued to become more popular and more phones are including it. And they have seen that word has spread about their Vu with all of its praise - one year ago it had just been released and I would say that many of us either had no need for or hadn't heard of it yet. Logic would indicate that demand should be higher this year.

Sorry if I'm being too harsh. Let's assume that there was nothing they could do to prevent a backorder this time: It's still perplexing that they can't get another batch in for that long when they see the demand. The email also said that they "are going to process orders" (future tense), along with "ship as many orders as possible next week" - what have they been doing THIS week?!

It seems like a rather delayed response in informing people about these issues (EDIT: if you even got the email) especially when it certainly can affect gift giving, as it does for me. I've read in different forums that numbers of people emailed them with no response or were told that orders were delayed 'only' 1-2 weeks. I guess I was lucky to get even the partial info that I did over the phone a couple of days ago (see previous post).

This is my first experience with Tylt and I'm starting to go on 'tilt'. I'm trying to remain hopeful and stay the course. Ok, rant over!
    12-06-2014 11:56 AM
    I didn't receive the email, but that's fine, as well as the shipping delay. It seems that they're handling it perfectly fairly. I'll get it when I get it. (I already have one from last year, plus one other Tylt product I bought a few months ago. Their stuff is high-quality in my experience.)
    12-06-2014 01:13 PM
    ^^ Sure, now that they're in this situation, they're doing what they should in terms of fulfilling orders as received. That's not the issue; it's how they got to this point and also wishing that there was a plan for contingencies (e.g., quicker restock, letting customers know about this sooner). (EDIT) Granted, I don't know how fair the second point is; maybe they did the best that they could all around, but that would be disappointing.

No doubt that the Vu looks to be high quality, and I also might have felt differently about this situation if I already had one as well, and wasn't also counting on one for me and one as a gift for the holidays.
    12-06-2014 06:12 PM
95 1234