Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

FYI, Tylt customer service told me Vu orders are really delayed and that some people as of now may not even get them before Christmas. Other items might be as well, but I only asked about my Vu order. They were slammed because of that promotion.

They said those who ordered closer to the beginning of that promotion last Wed, 11/26, will be processed this week or next. Although, I placed my order last Thurs but they couldn't promise me delivery by Christmas either, ugh.

As a sidenote, I just posted a similar message in the Black Friday deals Tylt Vu thread on accident. I searched for Tylt Vu threads, wasn't looking or thinking, went with the first one, and forgot to check the forum it was in, newbie mistake. I need to make sure that my Droid Turbo brethren get this info! :p
That's interesting, hopefully the one I ordered Friday morning doesn't take forever to come in!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Okay, that adjustable is pretty darn cool, but I'm not ready to part with $55 to own one. However, it's a much better deal than the normal $70 for the TYLT, that's for sure.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Update for those who placed a Vu order during the 50% off promotion last week - they sent out a mass email tonight, here's the gist in case anyone didn't receive it:

"We sold out of our 2 months stock in 2 days... We will ship as many orders as possible next week and then there will be period where we will need to wait for more stock which will arrive on Dec 25th. We are going to process orders based on the time they arrived in our system as that is the only fair way to handle the backlog. If you wish to cancel your order please contact customer service and we can do that. Please to not contact customer service and ask for us to prioritize your order, we must be fair and that means first orders received are first orders shipped... Please accept our apologies if we have spoiled some gift plans."

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Update for those who placed a Vu order during the 50% off promotion last week - they sent out a mass email tonight, here's the gist in case anyone didn't receive it:

"We sold out of our 2 months stock in 2 days... We will ship as many orders as possible next week and then there will be period where we will need to wait for more stock which will arrive on Dec 25th. We are going to process orders based on the time they arrived in our system as that is the only fair way to handle the backlog. If you wish to cancel your order please contact customer service and we can do that. Please to not contact customer service and ask for us to prioritize your order, we must be fair and that means first orders received are first orders shipped... Please accept our apologies if we have spoiled some gift plans."

I got this email as well - it's not looking good for those that ordered for gift giving, but I'm going to stay the course and wait. Sure can't beat the price. Although I do wonder why they didn't have more stock given the same thing happened last year.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Strange. I received no email. Ordered the Friday after Thanksgiving.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Seeing that Tylt ran out of their Vu stock after a 50% off holiday promo a year ago means they really should have learned something. I didn't quote their entire email, but they also said in the email that there was a "software glitch" that caused them to sell beyond the limit that they had placed based on stock - so did they also have this glitch last year? Elsewhere in the email it states that they had a "normal 2 months stock" on the Vu - this is the busiest shopping time of the year, anything but 'normal'.

On top of that, everyone has seen that Qi charging has continued to become more popular and more phones are including it. And they have seen that word has spread about their Vu with all of its praise - one year ago it had just been released and I would say that many of us either had no need for or hadn't heard of it yet. Logic would indicate that demand should be higher this year.

Sorry if I'm being too harsh. Let's assume that there was nothing they could do to prevent a backorder this time: It's still perplexing that they can't get another batch in for that long when they see the demand. The email also said that they "are going to process orders" (future tense), along with "ship as many orders as possible next week" - what have they been doing THIS week?!

It seems like a rather delayed response in informing people about these issues (EDIT: if you even got the email) especially when it certainly can affect gift giving, as it does for me. I've read in different forums that numbers of people emailed them with no response or were told that orders were delayed 'only' 1-2 weeks. I guess I was lucky to get even the partial info that I did over the phone a couple of days ago (see previous post).

This is my first experience with Tylt and I'm starting to go on 'tilt'. I'm trying to remain hopeful and stay the course. Ok, rant over!

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I didn't receive the email, but that's fine, as well as the shipping delay. It seems that they're handling it perfectly fairly. I'll get it when I get it. (I already have one from last year, plus one other Tylt product I bought a few months ago. Their stuff is high-quality in my experience.)

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Sure, now that they're in this situation, they're doing what they should in terms of fulfilling orders as received. That's not the issue; it's how they got to this point and also wishing that there was a plan for contingencies (e.g., quicker restock, letting customers know about this sooner). (EDIT) Granted, I don't know how fair the second point is; maybe they did the best that they could all around, but that would be disappointing.

No doubt that the Vu looks to be high quality, and I also might have felt differently about this situation if I already had one as well, and wasn't also counting on one for me and one as a gift for the holidays.

Last edited:

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I can understand that a company gets overwhelmed with a sale like that. But now hearing they had a similar problem last year, I call bull on them. Also it took them a week to let us know the problem. If you were counting on the charger as a present that now won't arrive in time, during that week we missed other sales. To let them off the hook because they sent out an email a week later that offers us little than to say we can cancel is ludicrous. Also why are they not starting to ship until next week. That is very slow. I am not sure about this company.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Totally agree about missing other sales, I was just thinking about other gifts I could've gone with. I did go back and read a couple of threads elsewhere on the issues last year, just to make sure it wasn't comparing apples to oranges, nope, similar issues - regarding the Vu specifically.

For those who didn't get the email, to be fair I should clarify that nowhere did they say that shipping had not started yet, but based on how the email was worded (as I mentioned previously), it makes it sound like shipping for the Vu orders based off of this promotion won't start until next week. And of course nowhere in the email does it say that they *had* started shipping either.

To me, they seem to have a good reputation overall, just that they could be more a bit more prepared with contingencies when they have an unbelievable promotion like this once/twice per year. I actually do feel bad talking negatively about it this much - I think I vented enough so I'll shut up now! (EDIT) First world problems, kinda embarrassing, ha!

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I can understand that a company gets overwhelmed with a sale like that. But now hearing they had a similar problem last year, I call bull on them.

Exactly. They knew how successful the promotion was last year, yet they had the balls to announce this as a 3 day sale even though they only had enough in the pipeline to last a day. It looks to me like they were just trying to use this as an advertising vehicle. Shame on them.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Order #1 Tylt Vu plus external charger delivered 3 days ago. Did a second order 20 minutes later for a second Vu and yesterday I got the email of a delay.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I ordered one on 11/28 and received the confirmation email along with the order# within a few minutes. My credit card has also been charged. I have not received any further information since. I even sent them an email requesting a status and no reply.
Maybe tomorrow will bring an information email.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I ordered one on 11/28 and received the confirmation email along with the order# within a few minutes. My credit card has also been charged. I have not received any further information since. I even sent them an email requesting a status and no reply.
Maybe tomorrow will bring an information email.
My order went through & I had the charge "pending" on my credit card account. The pending charge has now been removed and I get no status update on their website. I have no clue what they're doing??

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

No email here, though I did get a response from them on the 2nd,but it wasn't order related. I purchased two stands and paid with PayPal. Looks like my card was charged as soon as the transaction took place.

The other thing I don't get, I would think when you try to look at your order history, that the order would show up there. Understand that they probably don't have the backend system like Amazon has, but when my card has been charged, you would think that their system would indicate that I even have an order placed.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop

Last edited:

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Update: In response to the aforementioned mass email, I replied asking if my order made the 'cut' for the current batch of deliveries (going out this week or next), or if it will be part of the post-12/25 batch. I got a response saying that unfortunately, I'm in the latter group.

If it helps others in figuring out where they might stand: I placed my order around 7pm PST on 11/27. And I thought that I had gotten in early too, since they had said that the promotion was valid between 11/28, 12am PST to 12/1, 11:59pm PST. But a Tylt rep told me that the promotion actually started sometime on 11/26. Oh well.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Will this wireless charger work with a otterbox defender?

Posted via the Android Central App

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I sent another email this morning and I just received the following response:

" Dear Valued TYLT Customer:

We want to thank you for your purchase of the TYLT VU Wireless Charger. Our 50% off Promo was a huge success. Such a huge success that we oversold the VU due to overwhelming demand. Why didn’t you set a limit you may ask. We did set a limit but a software glitch caused an error and orders were accepted. Why didn’t you have more stock? We hold a normal 2 months stock on this product. We sold out of our 2 months stock in 2 days. We are very excited that the VU is so popular and we are working very hard to fill the orders. We will ship as many orders as possible next week and then there will be period where we will need to wait for more stock which will arrive on Dec 25th. We are going to process orders based on the time they arrived in our system as that is the only fair way to handle the backlog. If you wish to cancel your order please contact customer service and we can do that. Please to not contact customer service and ask for us to prioritize your order, we must be fair and that means first orders received are first orders shipped. Please accept our apologies if we have spoiled some gift plans. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused. We are sure you will be 100% happy that you purchased the world’s most popular Qi wireless charger, the TYLT VU.

Thanks,"

Looks like I will be waiting till after xmas.