Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

Presently, it's working for me. It's a Front Page listing on SlickDeals today, so I would not be surprised to see them have intermittent problems. The "slickdeal effect" has brought many a server to its knees.

If I click on the individual chargers (black, blue, yellow, etc.) I get this

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
C:\TASPCO_NEW\WEB SERVICES\WEB SITES\TECHNOCELCORP\PRODUCTS\SELF-BUILD-TECHNOC\VIRTUAL SITE\../Site Includes/site_config.asp, line 10411 - See more at: http://shop.tylt.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=30517A95C99B46F1B9296DD98DAADD49#sthash.V1nQgQnn.dpuf

I'll keep trying.

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

If I click on the individual chargers (black, blue, yellow, etc.) I get this

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
C:\TASPCO_NEW\WEB SERVICES\WEB SITES\TECHNOCELCORP\PRODUCTS\SELF-BUILD-TECHNOC\VIRTUAL SITE\../Site Includes/site_config.asp, line 10411

I also get that error or "We're sorry, there was an error loading the page."

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure the servers are overloaded. The deal runs through Monday so keep trying.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Wow - this happened last year also. They said they would honor the deal later if you sent them a particular email (don't remember if it was a certain email address or a subject line keyword). In any case, if they did honor the deal to some people, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Good luck and congrats to those who managed to get one.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow - this happened last year also. They said they would honor the deal later if you sent them a particular email (don't remember if it was a certain email address or a subject line keyword). In any case, if they did honor the deal to some people, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Good luck and congrats to those who managed to get one.

Yep, same here. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about too.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I ordered 2 last night, one as a gift, after reading this thread. I had convinced myself not to spend money on qi chargers, but thanks to you all, I'm diving right in! It really is an amazing deal, and the reviews are pretty much stellar. I think I might just be a believer now!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sadly, still sold out. Wasn't going to jump on Qi train, but this was a good price. I'll check back here and there this weekend, see if they open sales back up again.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not a big fan of the fairly flat slope of the surface on the TYLT, but the hardware itself is easily the best looking out there, and at half off, I just couldn't resist. I figure it won't be too hard to prop up the back of the stand to give it a more vertical profile, and still maintain the charger's esthetic appeal.

Sorry to those of you who missed out. Congrats to those who scored.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Click on the item so that you see the item description ans Quantity. Enter the quantity you want, then press the enter key on your keyboard and you're off to the races. Don't ask me how I figured it out, but I did; I was also confused. Good luck.

Yeah. Crappy shopping cart. No submit button.

Posted via Android Central App

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I got one at Verizon when I got my Turbo. It was $20 off on sale, then I got an additional $20 off. Couldn't pass it up even though I thought I would never really use it. I use it all the time when I'm listening to Slacker, or watching shows/ movies. Works great since when I'm watching stuff I like to turn up the display brightness. Now I don't kill the battery when I watch stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't see the attraction. Especially at that price. I can buy a Qi pad for $10 (already have) that works just fine. To buy one embedded in a stand you cannot adjust and have to pay 7x more seems, well, foolish. It looks nice but way overpriced.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I don't see the attraction. Especially at that price. I can buy a Qi pad for $10 (already have) that works just fine. To buy one embedded in a stand you cannot adjust and have to pay 7x more seems, well, foolish. It looks nice but way overpriced.

Not so 'foolish' when I consider what I use it for and then consider that based on that usage, I would be wasting (I'll take your word for it) $10 on something I would never use. I use it while playing Slacker while I'm doing something else, or while sitting down watching a show or movie with the brightness turned up to take advantage of the beautiful screen without killing my battery. For me, if I just wanted to set the phone down flat to charge it, I'll just plug it in and take advantage of the 'Turbo' charge. Anyway, with the $10 versions, do you really have to provide your own power cord?

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

That's whole point of this particular thread. Those who are interested aren't paying 7X more if they are taking advantage of the sale. They are still paying more for sure; but $35 for the TYLT compared to (what I assume is) a single coil $10 pad is by no means an unreasonable price difference. Especially one as nice looking as the TYLT. Now, at full retail, I am very much on your side of the price-to-value argument; I personally wouldn't pay $70 for the TYLT. But I cheerfully paid $35.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

That's whole point of this particular thread. Those who are interested aren't paying 7X more if they are taking advantage of the sale. They are still paying more for sure; but $35 for the TYLT compared to (what I assume is) a single coil $10 pad is by no means an unreasonable price difference. Especially one as nice looking as the TYLT. Now, at full retail, I am very much on your side of the price-to-value argument; I personally wouldn't pay $70 for the TYLT. But I cheerfully paid $35.

The thing is laying back 45degrees or more! I use stands all the time, but they are adjustable and able to hold the phone more upright. The angle on this one is non-adjustable as far as I can tell. If Tylt comes out with one that is adjustable (and folds up for travel) I might be all over it. But I've tried a number of fixed stands and they are never the way I want them.

And yeah, the $10 one needs an adapter. I have them everywhere. I swear they reproduce in dark places.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

The thing is laying back 45degrees or more! I use stands all the time, but they are adjustable and able to hold the phone more upright. The angle on this one is non-adjustable as far as I can tell. If Tylt comes out with one that is adjustable (and folds up for travel) I might be all over it. But I've tried a number of fixed stands and they are never the way I want them.

And yeah, the $10 one needs an adapter. I have them everywhere. I swear they reproduce in dark places.
I have 3 of the cheapies spread around the house too. They're super convenient for the price to have on an end table for instance. For a desk at home or work, I'd prefer a stand. Yeah, this stand is a bit flat for me too I think. I'll know for sure when it shows up. I can easily rectify that situation by placing something under the rear to prop it up a bit. Sure, it'd be nice if it were adjustable, but it isn't, and I'm currently unaware of a QI charger that is. I'm not saying the TYLT is the end-all, be-all Qi charger, and frankly, I think $70 is over priced by a large margin. Without trying to flame, you seem to be asserting that it has little to no value at any price; which I feel is a statement with no merit. IMHO.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

FYI, Tylt customer service told me Vu orders are really delayed and that some people as of now may not even get them before Christmas. Other items might be as well, but I only asked about my Vu order. They were slammed because of that promotion.

They said those who ordered closer to the beginning of that promotion last Wed, 11/26, will be processed this week or next. Although, I placed my order last Thurs but they couldn't promise me delivery by Christmas either, ugh.

As a sidenote, I just posted a similar message in the Black Friday deals Tylt Vu thread on accident. I searched for Tylt Vu threads, wasn't looking or thinking, went with the first one, and forgot to check the forum it was in, newbie mistake. I need to make sure that my Droid Turbo brethren get this info! :p

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Check it out:

Tmel-Charger.jpg

Amazon.com: Tmvel T3 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Mount Cradle Stand, 3-coils Portable Folding Dock for Note 4 , S5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 1020/920/928, Moto Droid Maxx/droid Mini, HTC Droid Dna, HTC Rzound, Blackberry Z30,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair