Did anyone jump from a G3 to a Turbo?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if so and why? Are you glad you made the jump? Just wondering because both are on my short list for purchases.

Thanks!

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't. But if you're deciding between a G3 and Turbo there is almost no difference in size, their practically identical in size. IMO, the Turbo has a slightly better in-hand feel than the G3.

And as far as between the two you have to decide what you want in a phone e.g. removable battery, long battery life, expandable storage, ect.. Personally given the choice I'd take the G3 over the Turbo due to expandable storage, removable battery, easy to root, and LG's software enhancements are quite nice, IMO. After using the Turbo though it does feel better in-hand (less slippery than the G3, at least with the Metallic Red), and a lot easier to use one-handed (using the screen), which I can't do if I need to reach anything in the top left corner of the G3.

B A Bostwick

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I went from LG G2 to the G3 then Back to the G2 and now I have the Droid. The G3 is Great for taking pictures using dual screen and the knock on \ off feature. Knock code is cool two. And being able to use my SD card was a plus. The down side is 1st battery life, I pulled 44 hours with 3+ hours left to go on my G2, I could barely a full day on the G3. 2nd is certain apps the G3 isn't compatible with. I can run NFS Most Wanted on My G2 or Turbo with no Issues. But on the play store it not compatible on the G3. No as for the Droid Turbo I almost traded it in for another phone, simply because you can't talk and use data at the same time, till Verizon comes with the update sometime this year. That is really the only down side. I love moto display and the battery life,bfrom what I'm learning about this phone you can almost use it with out even touching it. Oh and the front facing speaker is really good. I'm still learning how to use this phone plus its my first moto so the UI is a bit different, but I like it. Hope this helps some.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The G3 volume control was a deal breaker for me. And I get very regular use of the always listening feature on the Turbo

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the LG G2 briefly, and I thought it was a great phone. So I would have been interested in a G3, since I like the larger form factor. However I read a lot on forums that the battery does not last long.

That was the main appeal of the Droid Turbo for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone, there's a lot to like about the G3 and plenty not to. Battery is important to me, however I'm a nightly charger so I just need to make it through the day without cutting it so close, from what I can tell the G3 does that. I really don't like the back firing speaker of it, it just seems the industry is past that outdated design but LG hasn't figured it out.

I'm really attracted to the battery & UI of the Turbo...coming from a GS3 a more pure Android experience is one of my desires. Just seems there's a bit of a beta testing going on with the purchasers of the Turbo and they'll get it right in the not too distant future.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I did...sorta. I jumped from the G3 to the Xperia Z3v then to the Turbo. While the G3 is a great phone, the battery life sucks compared to the Turbo.

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I did...sorta. I jumped from the G3 to the Xperia Z3v then to the Turbo. While the G3 is a great phone, the battery life sucks compared to the Turbo.

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).
I went from the G3 to the Note 4 to the Turbo to the Z3v myself. I loved the Turbo. With as many phones as I have had and with the exception of Windows phones I have had just about every Smartphone Verizon currently sells. The G3 was my favorite. That is until I got the turbo. The Turbo is a fantastic device. Camera on the G3 better but I was getting better battery life on the Turbo as opposed to the G3 plus with the Turbo being nearly stock it is hard to beat. I

I traded the Turbo in for a iPhone 5s that my daughter wants as a Christmas gift so in the mean time I picked up a Z3v to try out for me. The turbo overall bested the G3 if that helps. Good luck with your choice.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from the G3 to the Note 4 to the Turbo to the Z3v myself. I loved the Turbo. With as many phones as I have had and with the exception of Windows phones I have had just about every Smartphone Verizon currently sells. The G3 was my favorite. That is until I got the turbo. The Turbo is a fantastic device. Camera on the G3 better but I was getting better battery life on the Turbo as opposed to the G3 plus with the Turbo being nearly stock it is hard to beat. I

I traded the Turbo in for a iPhone 5s that my daughter wants as a Christmas gift so in the mean time I picked up a Z3v to try out for me. The turbo overall bested the G3 if that helps. Good luck with your choice.
Jumping the Shark a bit here, but what are your feelings toward the Z3v?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Jumping the Shark a bit here, but what are your feelings toward the Z3v?
So far I enjoy it very much. Phone is very fast and fluid. Screen is very nice.

Taking pictures so far is fantastic. Especially with the dedicated camera button.

I do miss the active display. That's the one thing I very much enjoyed on the Turbo. I will say the WiFi seems much stronger on the Z3v and the audio with its dual front speakers is fantastic.

I have no opinion on the battery life as of yet as I have not had the phone even 24 hours but I will report when I do.

So far I'm enjoying the phone. Build is amazing and Sony gives you six free movies as well so that is a bonus lol 😂

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
So far I enjoy it very much. Phone is very fast and fluid. Screen is very nice.

Taking pictures so far is fantastic. Especially with the dedicated camera button.

I do miss the active display. That's the one thing I very much enjoyed on the Turbo. I will say the WiFi seems much stronger on the Z3v and the audio with its dual front speakers is fantastic.

I have no opinion on the battery life as of yet as I have not had the phone even 24 hours but I will report when I do.

So far I'm enjoying the phone. Build is amazing and Sony gives you six free movies as well so that is a bonus lol ??????

Sooo...this is a worthy competitor to the Turbo? Might have to run up to Verizon to check it out.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I think so. So far I enjoy it more than the turbo but like I said I have only had it a day. Fast as can be no hiccups. Camera is amazing and build quality is fantastic.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Sooo...this is a worthy competitor to the Turbo? Might have to run up to Verizon to check it out.

I loved the Z3v but the only drawback I had was that the phone is made of tempered glass. It's a fragile phone. In my line of work, if I were to drop it, the phone would have shattered. That's why I went from the Z3v to the Turbo. The Z3v, overall, is a fantastic phone. You really can't go wrong owning either a Turbo or a Z3v.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar