12-01-2014 11:29 AM
31 12
tools
    Glad I'm not the first to be a negative on this...

I'll be the first in line to shake my fist at the heavens and scream "curse you Verizon!" but my head hurt reading all this....

No offense, but I think part of the reason companies like Verizon seem so utterly unreasonable and douchey is because of the endless amounts of energy people are willing to expend trying to game the system. You're eligible to Edge up, your wife isn't but neither of you want the phone she picked just 6 months ago so you want to turn that one in and get a new one and switch them around. If you were them why would you want to do this? They offered you a solution - have her Edge up and swap her phone then switch phones with you but that's too much "red tape" and obviously resets the clock for her...Sorry, I just don't think they are being all that unreasonable.
    12-01-2014 09:36 AM
    Based on the length of your post I have to say you're spending way too much energy on this and getting yourself away too worked up. I couldn't afford to take that much time out of my life writing a post that long. I'm not saying don't be upset, but really to devote this much effort to a post?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 10:02 AM
    So, in the last year you've upgraded phones, knowing that you'd be able to upgrade them after two years, and now you're upset that you can't game the system to upgrade the device you want to upgrade a year early? I'm not so sure I'm sympathetic with you. You knew what you were getting into last spring when you did this.

Verizon is offering a very specific deal and you want to break their rules. Well, OK, I guess.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Sprint has ads that says they'll pay your etfs if you switch, at least part of them, on tv right now. Maybe that's your best bet.
    So if I go in, and they say no, I walk away and this is all done and over. That could have happened Friday. It is my right to ask a question but I expect a solid answer. I accept answers when it is final and that's that and what not.

But then they say call customer service to double check, who then gives conflicting answers. Then we go back to the store and say we were given an option and we declined due to the chaos it would cause, and wanted to see if there were any other options. They advertise Edge Up a lot so it is our right to do so IF we choose.

Then the salesman lied to us about the plan And a CSR lied about what we can do. and probably the CSR from last night is the only guy who knew anything, if he is trustworthy.

I never hid what I wanted to do. Doogald you know darn well there are people out there who use and abuse the system badly. They hide what they do, they exploit, and they keep doing it. Search around, the stories are here. But if what I wanted wasn't possible, then why tell me it is or say this or that?

I think what I am more pissed about is the lack of consistency of information. And I do my homework and ask questions when I feel I have one.

If ANYONE comes from this thinking I am an intentional crook or any likewise description, they are wrong. I am not out to scam. But if I have a question, why have 20 answers? That's what I got here. And why did they lie to me about a plan change to accomplish what I wanted? That's $40/month I don't want to spend when I was told that wasn't the case.

I just hate being lied to and misled. And this situation is full of it. All they had to do was be 100 percent firm Friday, and none of this happens. But if you tell me to try something, of course I'm trying it, because you are supposed to know.

But I'm not a crook. I was pretty transparent in what I wanted to do and never wanted to lie or steal, and crooks don't openly state their plans. And if you want to call me one, you're dead wrong.
    12-01-2014 10:37 AM
    Based on the length of your post I have to say you're spending way too much energy on this and getting yourself away too worked up. I couldn't afford to take that much time out of my life writing a post that long. I'm not saying don't be upset, but really to devote this much effort to a post?

Posted via the Android Central App
    If I say little people assume based on little detail. If I go long form, people get upset they have to read. If I go in the middle some details are omitted and people ask followups anyway. It is a catch 22. People ***** at me on this subject regardless so I've learned to just do what I do and be done with it. I can't change peoples views on my writing habits and there's more important stuff to worry about.
    12-01-2014 10:42 AM
    I've been through the different story from Verizon on different day thing, so I feel your pain.

Your solution is simple. If your wife truly needs more than 16GB of memory both you and your wife Edge up to a Turbo and select the 10 GB plan. (Your mother in law is not going to be eligible for a Note 4. Verizon will allow people to get out of their contract early and get on Edge if they get the Turbo, and only the Turbo. She could get a Turbo.) Your plan will cost about $35-40 per month more than you are paying now. You'll have to decide how to apportion those charges amongst the plan members. When you have paid 75% of the cost of the new Turbos you can Edge up again to the latest, greatest phone. In your wife's case that is conveniently around the time her 2 year contract would have expired, in May 2016.

Otherwise, your wife keeps her phone and you Edge up to a Turbo. Or you both do nothing.

Verizon is under no obligation to break their rules for you. They don't need to put on their DIY Network hat on and "fix it" because there is nothing to fix.

There is one thing you can try, which I found useful. I would suggest that you go on the Verizon website and do a Live Chat. Ask for a supervisor. Bring up your issues. Lay out the best deal you can make and then ask the supervisor to make notes in your customer account file. Make a print out of the chat session and bring it with you to the store. Also email a text file of the chat to yourself. Having a written description of talking to Customer Service will put an end to the nonsense of the stores requesting YOU contact customer service.
    12-01-2014 10:52 AM
    @ All,

OP had requested the thread be removed because they had changed their mind on the direction they are taking. Since we don't usually remove threads I have decided to close the thread. I thank the OP for coming forward and expressing their thoughts and was willing to take some of the possible heat the that comes with it.

Thank you all who participated and kept things on a professional level

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ Android Central.
    12-01-2014 11:29 AM
31 12