I noted that while phone in lock screen and an email or text arrives, the central clock and notification icon lights up every several seconds until you check it.

Im trying to set it to just blink a couple times then stop.

The repeated blinking forces me to check it to stop it.

jf

I searched forum and couldnt find a decent hit.
    11-30-2014 02:40 PM
    I think it will, but I'm not positive since I just go ahead and check it to stop the notification.
    11-30-2014 02:46 PM
    I thought the notification blinking would be eliminated by unchecking moto display in settings BUT keeping the moto 'actions' checked.
    However if u uncheck moto display the moto action(react to motions) won't work even though there are two separate check boxes. Apparently it overrides the 'actions' check box. Crap.

Wonder if checking the emails from desktop computer will stop blinking. Doubt it.
    11-30-2014 04:55 PM
    If you press on the circle for the notification then slide left or right, it will stop until a new notification comes in. No need to enter the app and "check" the item.

The only place this fails (on my 2013 Moto X) is with corporate email in the Email app, it won't stop regenerating the active display notification until the message is read.

For Gmail accounts, I do believe the active display notification goes away once the message is "read" from ANY other location (desktop, tablet, etc).
    11-30-2014 05:44 PM
    Hmm. Now I tested this on my phone so this is the way it works with me. My phone will breathe on every 5 seconds for an unchecked/unnoticed notification. Say if I get a text, itll show every 5 seconds. Now, if I push the slider up to read the notification, then push it back to the center, then it won't do this. The phone is not unlocked, and the notification is not dismissed. Now my phone will not breathe on every 5 seconds. However, it will still show the notification every time the screen is waved over, or if the clock is activated somehow (movement or otherwise).
    11-30-2014 11:32 PM