10-24-2015 02:39 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    We'll see how it fits on my Turbo once it gets here. One way or the other it's only 6 bucks. I'll be asking for a refund if what the above link is true... Thank you for the heads up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 10:23 PM
    Lovely. Should I even bother opening the pack ( I bought 3) or just call to return hem when I get them? Waiting to see the results from someone on this thread to post their results.
    12-07-2014 12:30 AM
    I am not sure how can anyone judge the screen protector by such horrible pictures
    12-07-2014 10:03 PM
    I am not sure how can anyone judge the screen protector by such horrible pictures
    Pictures looked fine to me. The Halo effect is very obvious.

Edit:
    The pictures that were just posted do seem much better. He says there edges are obvious but looks much better from his pics.
    Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    12-07-2014 10:10 PM
    After looking at the pictures I will take that one over the VZW one I paid 3x the price for. Especially with the lip on the Speck Grip case I don't think the edge will bother me at all.
    12-08-2014 12:38 AM
    Look up tempered glass screen protectors on eBay. You can often get quality ones for $2-4 from no-names in China.
    12-08-2014 01:01 AM
    I just ordered 2 of the XtremeGuard protectors for $6 each. I hope I don't see a Halo on my installs but as long as its not horrible I will deal with it. I'm tired of using a belt pouch or worrying about pocket sand scratching my display. I miss just throwing my S5 w/ Zagg Glass in my pocket with no worries, lol.

12-08-2014 08:55 PM
    With as many of the posters here ordering these as there have been indicated I'm surprised there's not more reviews yet on this particular thread
    12-09-2014 06:44 PM
    The Xtreme Guardz tempered glass has a Halo effect. The Turbo has rounded edges just like the Note 4 which causes the issue. Pictures in the thread below.

Post #29

Glass screen protector? - Pg. 5 | Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo | XDA Forums

Just got mine and put it on, it's a bit worse than this. The edges lay even worse than on the pictures in this post. It doesn't come all the way to the edge so I'm not sure why, but it definitely isn't flush, even more so at thetop and bottom. The packaging has no manufacturer identifications so I'm thinking this is like those 2.99 cases on ebay that some Chinese company makes for everyone.
    12-09-2014 08:17 PM
    Awesome! I'm on my second flexible glass from Verizon Store.
    Why? Did the 1st not work, are they not durable?
    DrGonzo48 likes this.
    12-09-2014 08:54 PM
    Just got mine and put it on, it's a bit worse than this. The edges lay even worse than on the pictures in this post. It doesn't come all the way to the edge so I'm not sure why, but it definitely isn't flush, even more so at thetop and bottom. The packaging has no manufacturer identifications so I'm thinking this is like those 2.99 cases on ebay that some Chinese company makes for everyone.
    I saw one person who had no Halo effect. Did you line yours up evenly on all sides? Do all sides have the Halo effect? If so I may just contact them and tell them I want a refund even though it wasn't that much money.
    12-09-2014 09:20 PM
    Yeah, it's centered. It's cut short on each side, which is fine as the screen is curved. But it just doesn't lay flat, like there's a gap under the edge between the glass and the phone. That white edge you see in the aforementioned post is where the protector isn't laying flat. I'm generally okay with that, but on the Turbo it is reall off at the top and bottom. Hopefully someone else will post here soon.
    12-09-2014 11:03 PM
    Yeah, it's centered. It's cut short on each side, which is fine as the screen is curved. But it just doesn't lay flat, like there's a gap under the edge between the glass and the phone. That white edge you see in the aforementioned post is where the protector isn't laying flat. I'm generally okay with that, but on the Turbo it is reall off at the top and bottom. Hopefully someone else will post here soon.
    I may try and install and see how it goes but it won't be for a bit since they shipped today. One guy in that thread has no halo so I don't know what's going on.
    12-09-2014 11:46 PM
    Why? Did the 1st not work, are they not durable?
    They are cut so short on all sides your finger catches the edge constantly and the edge of mine is already "chipped" in 1 spot.
    12-10-2014 01:22 AM
    It's better by far than the vzw plastic one I bought as a stop-gap. This screen protector will be fine until a high quality one hits the market at a reasonable price.
    12-10-2014 10:21 PM
    It's better by far than the vzw plastic one I bought as a stop-gap. This screen protector will be fine until a high quality one hits the market at a reasonable price.
    Which one are you referring to?
    12-10-2014 10:55 PM
    Which one are you referring to?
    Xtremeguard - $6. You know, the one this thread is about?
    12-10-2014 11:13 PM
    Xtremeguard - $6. You know, the one this thread is about?
    Are you also finding it not completely adhering to the glass on the sides and top and bottom?

12-10-2014 11:18 PM
    Are you also finding it not completely adhering to the glass on the sides and top and bottom?

I've only had it on my phone a few hours. It hasn't had to stand up to pockets or a dropped phone, or anything, but it went on easily, is resistant to fingerprints, is clearer, and all around better than what I had before. But that's not saying much. It may well prove to be only a short term solution, but we're talking about $6.
    12-10-2014 11:25 PM
    I've been using the Spartan glass screen protector for a while on my lg g3 and it's definitely not worth the 59.99 price!! Now for the 6 bucks I paid with a different code it's not bad at all..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 11:41 PM
    I've been using the Spartan glass screen protector for a while on my lg g3 and it's definitely not worth the 59.99 price!! Now for the 6 bucks I paid with a different code it's not bad at all..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    What's the issue? Fingerprint magnet? Glare?

12-10-2014 11:49 PM
    Here you see the packaging.... plain envelope.
    Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0618.jpg
    You get the protector and a alcohol wipe.
    Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0619.jpg
    Here you can see the edges of the VZW Flexible Glass protector.
    Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0622.jpg
    Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0623.jpg
    Here is the Extreme Guard installed. Covered much more area. It does have a slight halo around the outer edge but with my Speck case on there you don't even notice it... and the edges of this are rounded so if your finger moves over it you barely feel it. Excuse the smudges on the last picture, I guarantee you its clear as glass For $6 it loads better than the VZW one for $20+
    Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0624.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0617.jpg   Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0620.jpg   Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0621.jpg   Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off () Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard-untitled-shoot-0625.jpg  
    HappyFunBall24 and dungoyle like this.
    12-11-2014 01:44 PM
    ^^ Great job, that's as thorough as anyone's been in comparing these particular screen protectors. Certainly covers more area than some have been saying. Now the question is if it'll start peeling off prematurely, which has also been reported a bit. But looks like a good value overall.
    12-11-2014 02:10 PM
    Just received mine in the mail along with the slim deluxe case. The Spartan screen protector, while clear, does not completely adhere to my screen. The top corners as well as around the home button are bubbled. There is also a slight halo on the right side of the screen. I'll leave it on and see if this improves. As for the slim deluxe case, it DOES NOT fit the BN Turbo. I can not access the lock button or volume rocker and it doesn't wrap around the sides as it should.

12-11-2014 02:14 PM
    The top corners as well as around the home button are bubbled.

Thanks for confirming it wasn't just me. It does however have a very nice glass smooth feel

12-11-2014 02:35 PM
102 1234 ...