Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 90% off ($6) Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: 90% off ($6) Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Extreme Guard

As a heads-up, you can also use the code ADD5 on top of CM90OFF for an additional 5% off, just make sure to have at least 2 items in the cart. I read this elsewhere and tested the codes in the shopping cart myself: confirmed, the deals are still live and are stackable.

As another heads-up, just be wary. I've read in various places that the screen protectors in general are subpar, processing/shipping can take quite awhile, some people get sent wrong or damaged items, and customer service can be nonresponsive. Also keep in mind that this 90% + 5% savings is off of incredibly inflated base prices for the most part. Not hating, just relaying.

I almost ordered from them myself; there seem to be some good deals to be had, and a number of posters have had good experiences as well. But after researching these guys for awhile on various forums, there was too much downside for me so I'd say just be aware of what can happen.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

We'll see how it fits on my Turbo once it gets here. One way or the other it's only 6 bucks. I'll be asking for a refund if what the above link is true... Thank you for the heads up.

Posted via the Android Central App

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Lovely. Should I even bother opening the pack ( I bought 3) or just call to return hem when I get them? Waiting to see the results from someone on this thread to post their results.

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure how can anyone judge the screen protector by such horrible pictures

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure how can anyone judge the screen protector by such horrible pictures
Pictures looked fine to me. The Halo effect is very obvious.

Edit:
The pictures that were just posted do seem much better. He says there edges are obvious but looks much better from his pics.
Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

After looking at the pictures I will take that one over the VZW one I paid 3x the price for. Especially with the lip on the Speck Grip case I don't think the edge will bother me at all.

benrk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Look up tempered glass screen protectors on eBay. You can often get quality ones for $2-4 from no-names in China.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I just ordered 2 of the XtremeGuard protectors for $6 each. I hope I don't see a Halo on my installs but as long as its not horrible I will deal with it. I'm tired of using a belt pouch or worrying about pocket sand scratching my display. I miss just throwing my S5 w/ Zagg Glass in my pocket with no worries, lol.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

With as many of the posters here ordering these as there have been indicated I'm surprised there's not more reviews yet on this particular thread

Last edited:

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

The Xtreme Guardz tempered glass has a Halo effect. The Turbo has rounded edges just like the Note 4 which causes the issue. Pictures in the thread below.

Post #29

Glass screen protector? - Pg. 5 | Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo | XDA Forums

Just got mine and put it on, it's a bit worse than this. The edges lay even worse than on the pictures in this post. It doesn't come all the way to the edge so I'm not sure why, but it definitely isn't flush, even more so at thetop and bottom. The packaging has no manufacturer identifications so I'm thinking this is like those 2.99 cases on ebay that some Chinese company makes for everyone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Just got mine and put it on, it's a bit worse than this. The edges lay even worse than on the pictures in this post. It doesn't come all the way to the edge so I'm not sure why, but it definitely isn't flush, even more so at thetop and bottom. The packaging has no manufacturer identifications so I'm thinking this is like those 2.99 cases on ebay that some Chinese company makes for everyone.
I saw one person who had no Halo effect. Did you line yours up evenly on all sides? Do all sides have the Halo effect? If so I may just contact them and tell them I want a refund even though it wasn't that much money.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, it's centered. It's cut short on each side, which is fine as the screen is curved. But it just doesn't lay flat, like there's a gap under the edge between the glass and the phone. That white edge you see in the aforementioned post is where the protector isn't laying flat. I'm generally okay with that, but on the Turbo it is reall off at the top and bottom. Hopefully someone else will post here soon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it's centered. It's cut short on each side, which is fine as the screen is curved. But it just doesn't lay flat, like there's a gap under the edge between the glass and the phone. That white edge you see in the aforementioned post is where the protector isn't laying flat. I'm generally okay with that, but on the Turbo it is reall off at the top and bottom. Hopefully someone else will post here soon.
I may try and install and see how it goes but it won't be for a bit since they shipped today. One guy in that thread has no halo so I don't know what's going on.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

It's better by far than the vzw plastic one I bought as a stop-gap. This screen protector will be fine until a high quality one hits the market at a reasonable price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance