I have just recently made the jump from iPhone to Android. It is critical that I have email on my phone, and never had an issue before with my iPhones. I feel as though I have set up all settings properly, as emails did come through for 3 or 4 days, then nothing. I've hit refresh, I've pulled the screen down to "check for mail", I've changed the sync settings and haven't been able to get email synced for almost 2 weeks.
    Any suggestions would be very helpful!
    12-01-2014 02:11 PM
    It depends on how your company's Exchange servers are set up. I believe the stock email client will only work if the server supports active sync. If not you might be able to use a 3rd party client like Touchdown or MobiMail. I have used both of them in the past but now the mail admins at my company have completely blocked it so no way to get email on Android at this point.
    12-01-2014 03:30 PM
    Thank you!
    Is there a way to turn on the active sync? I feel so illiterate.
    12-01-2014 04:11 PM
    I have just recently made the jump from iPhone to Android. It is critical that I have email on my phone, and never had an issue before with my iPhones. I feel as though I have set up all settings properly, as emails did come through for 3 or 4 days, then nothing. I've hit refresh, I've pulled the screen down to "check for mail", I've changed the sync settings and haven't been able to get email synced for almost 2 weeks.
    Any suggestions would be very helpful!
    Your company may require that you be added to their Android Exchange server, which is different than the iPhone server. At least that is the way it is with my company. If you switch from iPhone to Android, or vice versa, it requires a new authorization request to be added to that particular e-mail server.
    12-01-2014 04:45 PM
    Firstly, iphone and android both use Activesync on exchange servers. Some companies use Good servers but thats not as popular as activesync is free compared to Good. If your account worked once try deleting the account and recreating it as you wont lose any data since the exchange server will just push down the data back to you. Also make sure your account details are all setup correctly.
    12-01-2014 08:50 PM
    Thank you to everyone! I believe I have it figured out now
    12-03-2014 12:28 PM