Saw this on XDA. I would love to have an led light for notifications. iFixit did a tear down of a Nexus 6 and they found on there too.

we have a notification led | Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo | XDA Forums
    NoahForeman likes this.
    12-02-2014 02:06 PM
    I do miss the notification light on my RMHD, but I'm getting used to not having it. It was nice to have different colors for different notifications.
    12-02-2014 05:00 PM
    I do miss the notification light on my RMHD, but I'm getting used to not having it. It was nice to have different colors for different notifications.
    I thought I would miss the LED notification but I've grown used to the screen notification thing the Turbo uses and actually like it better. I only ever saw my Droid Maxx notification light if I was looking at the phone (out of the case) or it was sitting on a table, etc. With the Turbo in the same conditions, I actually get BETTER type notifications than the simple LED which was only a few different colors. On the Turbo, you can select which apps give the screen type notification and I find this works very well especially since I can just touch a particular notification icon and it shows me the brief description of the notification (like for texts, Facebook messages, emails) and if I want to read further I swype up and if I don't care to read it then I just lift my finger.

I thought I wouldn't like it but turns out I'm finding it very useful
    rxgadget likes this.
    12-02-2014 06:04 PM
    I thought I would miss the LED notification but I've grown used to the screen notification thing the Turbo uses and actually like it better. I only ever saw my Droid Maxx notification light if I was looking at the phone (out of the case) or it was sitting on a table, etc. With the Turbo in the same conditions, I actually get BETTER type notifications than the simple LED which was only a few different colors. On the Turbo, you can select which apps give the screen type notification and I find this works very well especially since I can just touch a particular notification icon and it shows me the brief description of the notification (like for texts, Facebook messages, emails) and if I want to read further I swype up and if I don't care to read it then I just lift my finger.

I thought I wouldn't like it but turns out I'm finding it very useful
    One thing I don't miss is having an email come in at night and the notification light blinking and lighting up my bedroom
    The longer I have the Turbo the more I am liking the way it does the notifications.
    12-02-2014 06:11 PM
    I think I will miss this feature as well, but the moto display looks awesome. My only concern is the action of the on/off display while driving, the other thread indicated people having trouble with it randomly coming on during drives. I can't be bothered to switch the mode of the phone every time I get in a car!
    12-02-2014 09:35 PM