Droid Turbo on Tmobile

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my Droid Turbo on TMobile and overall the experience of using the phone on a GSM carrier has been a smooth one with the exception of one very big annoyance.

When I'm on wifi (I have tried 5 different wifi networks at both work and home), my cellular data connection defaults to "G" from "4g LTE." The only way to restore 4G connectivity is to to toggle wifi off and then everything goes back to working as it should.

Any ideas from the group as to what's causing this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you Google the APN settings for LTE enabled devices on TMobile, you should be good to go.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that when you get your friend's phone up and running, please PM me. I'm interested to learn if he/she experiences a particularly nagging problem I have experienced where I lose LTE connectivity ONLY when connected to a wifi network. I'm curious to know if your friend experiences the same issue.

ChadKnight

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
thats a tmobile thing i guess even with iPhone while on wifi you only get the phone network no 4g/lte 3g or 2g. not really an annoyance since im using my wifi for data plus wifi calling on devices that have the feature. I need the wifi calling since in my home i get 1 bar or none.

Aibo1990

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's tough finding real life reviews on how the Turbo works on Tmobile. Anyone or the OP still like using the Turbo on Tmobile? Do the missing bands make much of a difference in everyday use?

Mad Money

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
It's tough finding real life reviews on how the Turbo works on Tmobile. Anyone or the OP still like using the Turbo on Tmobile? Do the missing bands make much of a difference in everyday use?

I just recently switched my turbo to T-Mobile from Verizon as my bill for 2gb was insane and I have to say t mobile is great so far. I have noticed the WiFi issue u have but other then that its been great

thekurrgan#AC

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This phone is not going to do well with T-Mobile. Its missing the 1700 WCDMA band, which is what Tmobile uses in a lot of areas. If you arent a road warrior you may not notice the missing band. I'm not a t mobile fan. I had them for 22 days. Worked good in cities but was pretty much **** everywhere else. Verizon is far from perfect, but after 3 years of never working in an area Verizon didnt work, I'm sold and will pay the premium. 9 out of 10 places I seem to get sent AT&T doesnt even work.

Lev1athan12

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and that's completely normal. Every time I'd use any WI-FI on my Nexus 5, it would switch my network to a lower version, but once I turned WI-FI off it would go back to 4G LTE.

Tommy Wright1

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I am using the Drpid turbo from vzn n have my tmobile sim installed. It wont make or receive calls...will jabe the 4glte lit up in corner for a bit but then goes away...Im stumped