12-16-2014 03:31 PM
33 12
tools
    My Turbos (4 of them, family upgrade) arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait it's been loooooong over due for a new phone. I was curious what was the first thing you did when you received your new Turbo?
    12-02-2014 08:09 PM
    Disable all the bloatware. Lol
    eric002, jessegio34 and rxgadget like this.
    12-02-2014 08:10 PM
    Disable all the bloatware. Lol
    Good idea, on the turbo what was some of the items you disabled?
    12-02-2014 08:16 PM
    My Turbos (4 of them, family upgrade) arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait it's been loooooong over due for a new phone. I was curious what was the first thing you did when you received your new Turbo?
    Good for you! I'm attempting to do the same thing--four Turbos for four family members--but Verizon has me on Ignore.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4099990

Verizon sucks.

Did you get the $100 trade in credits?

First thing I'm going to do besides check my contacts synched over, reinstall apps, etc. and the usual required set up stuff is:

1. Plug in the charger and achieve a full charge.
    2. Adjust screen brightness lower (remove from auto setting)
    3. Disable and/or get rid of the bloatware.
    4. Change the wallpaper.
    5. Re-install Nova Launcher.
    6. Play with the camera.
    12-02-2014 08:28 PM
    Interested in this thread as well. I just received mine today and charged it up to almost a 100%. Turned it on but don't want to start using it immediately this week (after it activates) so I'll just wait till the weekend most likely so I can get everything set up how I want it.
    12-02-2014 08:29 PM
    Everything imaginable lol. Any apps that dont look important or that u dont use

Posted from my 64 GB Droid Turbo black nylon
    12-02-2014 08:29 PM
    Interested in this thread as well. I just received mine today and charged it up to almost a 100%. Turned it on but don't want to start using it immediately this week (after it activates) so I'll just wait till the weekend most likely so I can get everything set up how I want it.
    C'mon! Brand new phone and you have the willpower to let it sit for three days!
    12-02-2014 08:31 PM
    Ha, I took a picture of the Turbo with my old phone and sent it to my coworkers

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-02-2014 08:33 PM
    Good for you! I'm attempting to do the same thing--four Turbos for four family members--but Verizon has me on Ignore.

Verizon sucks.

Did you get the $100 trade in credits?

First thing I'm going to do besides check my contacts synched over, reinstall apps, etc. and the usual required set up stuff is:

1. Plug in the charger and achieve a full charge.
    2. Adjust screen brightness lower (remove from auto setting)
    3. Disable and/or get rid of the bloatware.
    4. Change the wallpaper.
    5. Re-install Nova Launcher.
    6. Play with the camera.
    CREDIT! Are you kidding, we are talking about VZW right, lol. No credit I had to pay out of pocket to keep my "grandfathered plan" even after the 20 years I've been with them......hence my username. It been so long since I've upgraded I think the first thing I'm going to do is just stare it down like it was Halle Berry or something.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    12-02-2014 08:37 PM
    C'mon! Brand new phone and you have the willpower to let it sit for three days!
    Haha, I've had my gnex for almost 3 years! No, I just don't want to 'use' it until I have time to get most everything synced over from my old phone. I know the basics - contacts, calendar, etc will be automatic, but also want to transfer over old texts and what not.

It does look amazing and huge compared to my old phone!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...tery-life.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...k-disable.html

These threads have some really good information. The first thread is a little long but worth a read. Congrats on the new phones.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    Good idea, on the turbo what was some of the items you disabled?
    Was afraid you were going to ask me that lol

Here goes....

12-02-2014 08:40 PM
    Was afraid you were going to ask me that lol

Here goes....
    lol dude you were right, that is a lot, I appreciate the list I can start making plans for my 1st round cuts

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    12-02-2014 09:00 PM
    It really depends what you use and what you don't along with how concerned you are with battery life. I leave high accuracy location on but disable Google location services and remotely locate and remote lock and erase off in the Google security settings. I also turn off Moto actions, chrome (I use dolphin) and Google now. Obviously if you like any of those you wouldn't want to disable. This setup isn't for everyone lol......

Here's an example of my battery life from today with my setup.
    12-02-2014 09:52 PM
    I see you have it running real lean, I'm the same way I learned that from my blackberry days.
    cyberr8der likes this.
    12-02-2014 10:07 PM
    I leave everything on, its a Droid, its gets me through the day with enough to spare.

sent turbo fast
    websterzx10r1 and KSDroid01 like this.
    12-03-2014 12:59 AM
    Returned it. Lol.
    12-03-2014 08:12 AM
    Returned it. Lol.
    Why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    12-03-2014 09:32 AM
    1. I factory reset it. I paid, left and reset while in my car. The rep, as sweet as she was, sped through the setup process and I did not want any extra Verizon syncs happening so I skipped a bunch of things that she quickly accepted. I do not need Verizon contacts and all that jazz.

2. Disabled all the apps I wanted/could do.
    3. Played with the settings.
    4. Updated and installed all my apps that I had on my prior phone and set up widgets, and apps.
    12-03-2014 09:48 AM
    "What was the first thing you did when you received your turbo?"

The first thing I would do is turn it on.
    cerob likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:09 PM
    Disabled ALL the Verizon crapware. Diabled all the other crapware (NFL, Amazon, Asian fonts, Google play games, movies, music, newsstand, hangouts,IMDB, Print service, WnnIME, Message+, FlipCase service, Quickoffice, Slacker, Softcard, YouTube. Installed Nova Launcher (because no one seems to realize that with the hi def displays you can actually have more than 16 icons spaces on a screen!) and few other background services like Shush (awesome) and Battery Circle, them all my apps. Then I played Desert Golfing with my brain turned completely off for about three hours
    12-04-2014 08:24 AM
    Haha, I've had my gnex for almost 3 years! No, I just don't want to 'use' it until I have time to get most everything synced over from my old phone. I know the basics - contacts, calendar, etc will be automatic, but also want to transfer over old texts and what not.

It does look amazing and huge compared to my old phone!
    My gnex kicked the bucket shortly after I switched over to the M8. I recently went with my sister to help find my niece a decent phone. They don't have unlimited data so they moved over to edge which only allowed for my niece to get the Turbo. First thing I did when they got it was tell my sister to walk across the store and tell the guy that the home button didn't work. (right out of the box). I thought about trading my M8 in for the Turbo until I saw the bounty for the root/unlock then decided to wait it out and check out the Nexus 6 when it comes out.
    12-04-2014 06:45 PM
    Me want turbo 😜
    12-04-2014 10:43 PM
    Slapped on a screen protector, disabled bloat and then enjoyed the phone (in that order)!

Hey Moto Droid Turbo! "Yes my master..."
    12-05-2014 09:32 AM
    "What was the first thing you did when you received your turbo?"

The first thing I would do is turn it on.
    Screen protector on even before turning it on!
    12-05-2014 09:33 AM
33 12