Command center is battery hungry (brutal when gps is on) and is pretty but doesn't really convey information I want. Besides going back to the standard google news and weather, what are other options for news and specifically weather? I love the 24 hr chart with sunlight/temp/precip in the standard app.

One of the big things I dislike about the standard news and weather is with this newest version you cannot make the background of the widget black or dark (like you can inside the app).

The calendar functionality is not that useful to me in command center and the percentage of the battery is no issue since I can easily get the percentage in the task bar on top.
    12-03-2014 10:27 PM
    I like this app: AmberHome Weather from playstore.

Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.amberhome.weather2free
    I use it , on my main screen, has a nice widget.
    snow716 likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:40 PM
    I've tried *a lot* of weather/clock/battery widgets. My two favorite clock/weather/battery widgets are Chronus (specifically, the Chronus Flex 4x3, which can be resized to 4x2) and Weather and Clock Widget, which has a lot of weather info, a clock, and battery percentage. Maybe it's a bit of an eye chart, but it has good info. On Chronus, tap the weather icons to see current conditions, a forecast, etc.

I've been using Chronus for a long time now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tonder.chronus
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...expert.weather
    Codger1212 and snow716 like this.
    12-03-2014 10:46 PM
    Command center is battery hungry (brutal when gps is on) and is pretty but doesn't really convey information I want. Besides going back to the standard google news and weather, what are other options for news and specifically weather? I love the 24 hr chart with sunlight/temp/precip in the standard app.

One of the big things I dislike about the standard news and weather is with this newest version you cannot make the background of the widget black or dark (like you can inside the app).

The calendar functionality is not that useful to me in command center and the percentage of the battery is no issue since I can easily get the percentage in the task bar on top.
    I've seen a few complaints not about battery life with this widget. I have high accuracy on and it doesn't do anything at all to my battery. When I had device only for location settings it ran long but that was the only time.
    12-04-2014 12:10 AM
    i love the Command Center, one of my favorite things about the Droid series.
    12-04-2014 06:14 AM
    HD Widgets and Fancy Widgets are also two good alternatives.
    12-04-2014 06:45 AM
    "One More Clock Widget" comes with a bunch of different themes, including a Rings widget that looks a lot like the Command Center used on previous Droids. Many of the themes have light and dark versions. You can also customize several different touch zones to launch whatever weather or clock app (or others) that you want.
    12-04-2014 07:22 AM
    Fancy Widgets is a nice alternative. Uses very little battery and has several home screen theme options to choose from.
    12-04-2014 12:31 PM
    I've tried those, too, and they're fine, but I can't recall - can they do clock, weather, and battery pct left at the same time?

Beautiful widgets is good, too, but iirc it's either the weather or the battery, not both.
    12-04-2014 12:56 PM
    I've tried those, too, and they're fine, but I can't recall - can they do clock, weather, and battery pct left at the same time?

Beautiful widgets is good, too, but iirc it's either the weather or the battery, not both.
    HD Widgets for sure. Fancy Widgets, I don't think has a battery meter, but I could be wrong. Here's my current HD Widgets widget:
    Attached Thumbnails Command center alternative?-screenshot_2014-12-04-14-01-00.jpg  
    12-04-2014 02:10 PM
    Fancy Widgets does not have a battery meter. I have been using the Battery Circle app for a simple, small icon in the notification bar (almost zero battery drain).

Thanks for mentioning HD Widgets. Looks nice!
    12-04-2014 02:25 PM
    Command center has news? All I get is weather, battery, clock. and calendar. Is there a settings menu somewhere that I'm missing?
    12-04-2014 02:43 PM
    Command center has news? All I get is weather, battery, clock. and calendar. Is there a settings menu somewhere that I'm missing?
    No you're right, it doesn't do news. I think I was so used to the old news and weather app I must have mentioned it accidentally.
    12-04-2014 10:52 PM
    I've been using 1weather and like it. Lots of different widget options which are appealing to the eye (at least mine!) and very functional.
    12-05-2014 01:40 PM
    I had been using Beautiful Widgets for the past 3 or 4 years, but at the advice of this thread I picked up Chronus and giving that a shot. I think I'm liking it so far.
    12-05-2014 08:30 PM
    I was hoping it did, and I just missed something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 10:16 AM
    You've got something going on with you Command Center . Mine barely uses any juice as you can see .
    Attached Thumbnails Command center alternative?-screenshot_2014-12-06-11-01-22.png   Command center alternative?-screenshot_2014-12-06-11-06-10.png  
    12-06-2014 11:05 AM