Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Keep Daydream Active once 100% charge on QI charger

eprindes

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Any ideas on how to accomplish?

Once charge hits 100% it goes back to home screen and toggles back and forth between home screen and daydream.

Ive tried using tasker and triggering w/ magnets and nfc tags both have the same issue.

This is the one time that I hate the turbos battery because it always close to a full charge so Im at 100% early on and have to spend the rest of the day looking at a black screen.

I'll also add that I dont have this issue w/ a regular charger but I use qi at work which is when I need daydream.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keep Daydream Active once 100% charge on QI charger

I don't have a Qi myself, but I've read that they will stop charging once they detect a full battery, so what you're likely seeing is the Qi turning off, the battery discharging a bit, then the Qi 'topping it off' again. Sounds like the only way around it would be to somehow get the Qi to not stop charging.

eprindes

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

I don't have a Qi myself, but I've read that they will stop charging once they detect a full battery, so what you're likely seeing is the Qi turning off, the battery discharging a bit, then the Qi 'topping it off' again. Sounds like the only way around it would be to somehow get the Qi to not stop charging.

Thats definitely the issue, just not sure how to accomplish that

Posted via the Android Central App

eprindes

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

That leaves me with a $60 paperweight, plus I love the convenience of qi. Not exactly the solution I'm looking for

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I have the same issue. I used tasker and it kept the screen on but if you use it at night (like I do) you wake up with a battery at 60% because the battery hits 100 then stops charging but the screen stays on and drains the battery all night - not sure why the phone doesn't charge again after a certain point..

Gonna try night clock tonight. The problem with it is, it won't come on automatically when I drop it in the QI charger - you have to turn it on manually before you drop it on the charger. First world problem tho. I suspect I will have the same battery drain in the night with it too if the screen stays on.

CTF

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

So what is the difference between plugging in and QI charging? Doesn't it also cycle between charging and not when on the cable.

I'm also frustrated because there is more than enough sensor data for the phone to know it was charging wirelessly and hasn't been picked up. Google should fix this.

eprindes

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue. I used tasker and it kept the screen on but if you use it at night (like I do) you wake up with a battery at 60% because the battery hits 100 then stops charging but the screen stays on and drains the battery all night - not sure why the phone doesn't charge again after a certain point..

Gonna try night clock tonight. The problem with it is, it won't come on automatically when I drop it in the QI charger - you have to turn it on manually before you drop it on the charger. First world problem tho. I suspect I will have the same battery drain in the night with it too if the screen stays on.

With my charger it toggles on and off every few seconds and jumps between 99 and 100. That's weird yours doesn't start charging again. If mine was like that it would actually solve my problem and I would be ok with losing the charge, I keep it pretty much shut down during the day anyways so I wouldn't lose much

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried setting it to daydream when docked? I don't have a qi charger but wondered if the turbo considered that a dock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech