New promo for Turbo

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Just spoke with a VZW rep about upgrading one of my other phones. I have a MAXX on a standard 2 yr contract. I'm told that I can upgrade it now, to a Turbo, on the Edge program and turn in the old phone to buy out the original agreement. Only good for a Turbo or MAXX. If you are currently on a 2 yr agreement with another phone and would like to upgrade to a Turbo or MAXX, you may want to look into this. I'm on the More Everything plan with 10GB data so the upgrade is virtually free after the $25/mo line credit!

Posted via the Android Central App

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Didn't and don't see it advertised but maybe I just missed it. At any rate, I have nearly 18 months left on the 2 yr contract for the MAXX. I can upgrade to the Turbo on Edge, pay the same each month, and qualify for an upgrade on the Turbo after paying 75% of the purchase price. It would be eligible for upgrade sooner than the MAXX would. Seems a no brained to me.....am I missing something?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Didn't and don't see it advertised but maybe I just missed it. At any rate, I have nearly 18 months left on the 2 yr contract for the MAXX. I can upgrade to the Turbo on Edge, pay the same each month, and qualify for an upgrade on the Turbo after paying 75% of the purchase price. It would be eligible for upgrade sooner than the MAXX would. Seems a no brained to me.....am I missing something?

I was in a contract with an S5 and chose not to use Edge. I wasn't going to turn in an S5 just to pay retail in monthly installments for my Turbo. If I want a new phone each year I'd rather pay full retail one year and sign a contract the next year and get a discount. At that point I own my device and can sell it for money towards my new phone.

This whole Uncarrier movement T-Mobile has started is not good for the customer in many cases. Its true carriers are offering monthly discounts for doing this and for you it may be beneficial. However, I'm on a Loyalty Plan for $60 and it made no sense to lose my phone trade in.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So...locked in to a 2 yr agreement on a MAXX for 18 more months. Trade it in for a Turbo for $599 amortized over 24 months at $25/mo with a $25 a month credit on my line charge......can upgrade it after 75% of the fee paid......can upgrade earlier than the original contract which would have effectively cost me another $500.00......and wind up with a pretty damn impressive phone in the process....its a done deal...should be here on Monday!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So...locked in to a 2 yr agreement on a MAXX for 18 more months. Trade it in for a Turbo for $599 amortized over 24 months at $25/mo with a $25 a month credit on my line charge......can upgrade it after 75% of the fee paid......can upgrade earlier than the original contract which would have effectively cost me another $500.00......and wind up with a pretty damn impressive phone in the process....its a done deal...should be here on Monday!!!

Definitely works out for you! :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My husband & I weren't due for upgrades until next summer, but our daughter called (Verizon employee) and said we could get the employee edition Turbo for $99 now if we wanted to. (Silly question.. Haha) So hubby and I just got new Turbos... 64GB too! And the best part we got text messages from Verizon that we could trade in our old phones (Maxx and Ultra) for $100 gift cards that can be used to pay our bill. So since we billed the 2 Turbos to the account we can use the gift cards to pay for the phones. Gazelle was only going to pay $70 for the Maxx and $55 for the Ultra (and I'm not doing Ebay or Craigslist) so I'm psyched about it! Never had this many GBs before and didn't think I would - so that's a nice bonus.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It was my understanding that the $100 gift card promo only applies to upgrading to a Turbo. My grandkids are on my plan and just upgraded their phones. One chose the iPhone 6 and the other chose the Galaxy S5. My daughter told me that she received an email from VZW indicating that they both may qualify for the $100 if they turn in their old phones.....am looking in to this!