Where was the option for the Droid Turbo to stop charging after it hits 100% charge?

mattybuls

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
When I first received my Turbo yesterday I was excited and set up my phone too quickly. I remember seeing an option somewhere (I don't know if it was the moto app or just Setting but I remember it giving me an option to make my Turbo stop charging after it hits 100% while being charged. Anyone know where this option/setting is?? :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not an option, it's how lithium battery charging works. If you turned that off and kept charging the battery after it was fully charged, one of a few things could happen. The electrolyte could cook off, leaving you with a useless battery. It could cook off so fast that the gasses couldn't escape and the battery would explode. It could overheat enough to cause a fire. It could overheat even more and cause a lithium explosion (which would be lethal to anyone near it - lithium is poisonous). That's why all lithium chargers shut off the charge at full charge, and you have no option to defeat that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes