12-11-2014 11:45 AM
141 12345 ...
tools
    I try to keep the phone between 20% and 90% as much as possible. 40% to 80% is better but not really reasonable for me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-06-2014 09:31 AM
    My phone rarely gets below 70% I'm a moderate to heavy user and I charge whenever I am in the car or at my desk when needed, and overnight. It always cracks me up to see ppl complain about battery life. I don't know anyone who isn't neat a power source at some point in a normal 12 hour day time span. Charge it and move on. Your phone will indicate to you when there is a legitimate problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 09:44 AM
    I usually wait for my phone to be nearly dead (under 10%) before I charge.
    Only time I charge above 10% is when I'm going to head out and assume i'll need a lot of battery, then i'll do a quick charge.

Batteries are cheap so I don't really care much
    12-06-2014 04:25 PM
    I plug it in when I head for bed every night. Usually around 25% at that time but some days more, some days less.
    12-06-2014 08:39 PM
    Recently I've been running it down to 1-3 percent. 30 bucks for a battery means I don't worry about it and just charge whenever
    12-06-2014 09:51 PM
    I just returned my droid turbo and bought a Note 4. I know imma get hate but i just bought the note 4 because of the big screen and removable battery. I miss the stock android experience and just the feeling of having a DROID phone. I just wish that it had a removable battery and an SD card slot and a bigger screen. I should have never returned it but its too late now. I also dont like the touchwiz bloatware damn i am stupid but its whatever people make mistakes.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-07-2014 01:52 AM
    You know tell you something as far as Samsung vs Motorola has a we are manufacturers for Android operating system go, my mom has a Galaxy Note 2 and I just got the Droid turbo after my Moto X, and I love the turbo just like I love my X. My mom loves her know to look for the bigger screen the stylus which she uses sometimes and the overall stylist and phablet functionality. When I don't like / hate from samsung ace you see this. And Android lifestyle is HTC Sense and Samsung TouchWiz skins over Android OS. They suck. There's a reason why Samsung was the first manufactured using Snapdragon 805 chipset and getting everyone to say that they need a quad core processing power for the Samsung device because they have to overcompensate for such a heavy overlaid skin. I know it's my opinion but that's the truth . Now, Samsung does make very good phones I'm not contesting that, I just don't like the manufacture the skins of course. I like stock Android vanilla stock Android.
    12-07-2014 01:57 AM
    Thats one of the biggest things i miss is the stock android. Imma cry not literally but i miss the droid turbo so much it was just a deal breaker because it didnt have a removable battery or SD card slot

12-07-2014 02:00 AM
    Listen, instead what you're talking about. I bought the Moto X with the realization that had no micro SD card slot and I was coming from my RAZR MAXX HD. I had 32 gigs of internal memory plus I bought a 64 gig class 10 memory card from Amazon for like $64. When I got the Moto X in the past, I got the 32 gigabyte not the 16 gig option for you I know I need that storage space which was the perfect idea for me. As for the droids are better in future phones going forward, my opinion is this, when you're at Point of Sale whether its online or in store for yourself, I believe you don't want to be stringent on the price varies much storage space is you think you're going to need for pictures multimedia applications excetera movies you name it.
    12-07-2014 02:04 AM
    Yea true. But one of the biggesr things was also the non removable battery and huge screen i wanted. If motorolla makes a big screen phone besides the nexus 6 i will get it but for now im stuck with the nore 4 on an EDGE contract

12-07-2014 02:08 AM
    Care to come on that's all use a perfect.... For me, the biggest screen I've ever had was a galaxy s3 of 4.9 inches to this 5.2 inch screen on the droid turbo is certainly the biggest I'll ever have probably.
    12-07-2014 02:10 AM
    I think 5.5 inches is perfect lol.

12-07-2014 02:11 AM
    How you say that something you had this.. 5&A half inches is big. Although, in my defense, I was going to get the Nexus 6 at 5.96 inches... Now that I stop playing with the Droid turbo actually commented to my dad earlier tonight that 5.3 inches is perfect for me 5.96 inches would have been huge lol
    12-07-2014 02:13 AM
    Have you considered rooting a device before? If so, then that'll be your solution to regaining the stock Android experience. However, you may loose many of the Note 4 only features, such as multi window support. If root is available for your version Note 4 then it's something to consider.
    12-07-2014 02:26 AM
    Reassures me all my devices have been rooted with some kind of custom ROM is visitor the Moto X was really but I brought her back to stock Android firmware because the exposed framework got so annoying to use after all. I will you be back, the note 4 multitasking Windows is awesome. That's why I believe that out of all the phablet sold on the market right now, Samsung does it the best.
    12-07-2014 04:12 AM
    For some clarity, the 500 charge cycles isn't a hard and fast number but an approixmation (as indicated above). Also, it means a FULL CHARGE (from when your phone automatically shuts down to 100%. A partial charge is just that, so if you charge from 80% to 100% (a 20% charge) that's 20% of one of those full charges.

5x 20% charges = one full charge of those approximate 500 charges. Of course, usage patterns, battery temperature, CPU cycles, manufacturing anomalies, moon phase, and the length of your hair all may or may not impact the overall lifespan of your battery. And - with devices where you can replace the battery - it's really not that big of a deal.

**EDIT** The above is based on at article I read on the website "Battery University" - I'd have to search for the link because I don't have it anymore.

Personally I try to keep my phone (LG G3) above 40% if I can. Not always possible, but usually it stays above 50% but some days it's down to 25% or so before I can juice up.
    12-07-2014 05:42 AM
    if its non-replaceable, best to charge between 30-80%. Because Note 4 battery is replaceable, charge however you want.

Obviously, only concern for note 4, is damage to the charging port, not sure how likely that is.
    12-07-2014 05:54 AM
    The beauty with the Note 4 is I barely have to consider charging times like I used to have to do with other phones. The big battery helps, but it's the Adaptive Fast Charging that's the real hero here. I never even have to do an overnight charge. I also no longer need a charger at work.

I usually throw it on the charger while I'm cooking dinner, and sometimes when I'm getting ready for work in the morning. That's always enough to keep me going.
    clevin likes this.
    12-07-2014 05:54 AM
    I charge whenever I can cause I don't yet have a spare battery charger and I will never make it through a day on one charge. When I do get my spare battery I wait till the battery indicator turns yellow (20% I think) to swap with a freshly charged one. And then I use the spare charger on an external USB battery pack to charge the depleted spare.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    12-07-2014 09:02 AM
    12-07-2014 10:54 AM
    That article is pretty good, but it is off on a few of the warnings.

For one, lithium batteries don't lose 5-10% voltage in storage monthly. It's closer to 1-3%.

The warnings about leaving a battery near 0 in storage is pretty accurate, but it needs to be kept in perspective.

The batteries in our smartphones are overengineered to protect us from the lowest common denominator, the average lazy consumer.

When the phone says the battery is 100%, reality is that it's probably not. When it tells us it's at 0%, it's definitely not. The safety margin built in keeps it above the unstable level.

If you toss your battery in a drawer with 0 charge on it and forget about it for 6 months, it might be completely dead.

If you wait until the battery is completely dead before you charge it, you're definitely not doing it any favors, but there is very little risk to you or your phone by recharging it.
    12-07-2014 11:36 AM
    For some clarity, the 500 charge cycles isn't a hard and fast number but an approixmation (as indicated above). Also, it means a FULL CHARGE (from when your phone automatically shuts down to 100%. A partial charge is just that, so if you charge from 80% to 100% (a 20% charge) that's 20% of one of those full charges.

5x 20% charges = one full charge of those approximate 500 charges. Of course, usage patterns, battery temperature, CPU cycles, manufacturing anomalies, moon phase, and the length of your hair all may or may not impact the overall lifespan of your battery. And - with devices where you can replace the battery - it's really not that big of a deal.

**EDIT** The above is based on at article I read on the website "Battery University" - I'd have to search for the link because I don't have it anymore.

Personally I try to keep my phone (LG G3) above 40% if I can. Not always possible, but usually it stays above 50% but some days it's down to 25% or so before I can juice up.
    It's a very good article.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    dancing-bass likes this.
    12-07-2014 11:38 AM
    I don't have a computer

12-07-2014 12:22 PM
    Thanks

12-07-2014 12:36 PM
    Get the extra battery and charger, use your phone the way you like, run it down to 2 or 3%, swap batteries and do it all over again...

12-07-2014 01:47 PM
141 12345 ...