i miss my droid turbo :(

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Damn. Well imma call them up and see if i can get another turbo because the worker usually hooks us up.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: how many returns can you make for Verizon?

I have always been told 1 exchange and 1 return.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I bought an S5 in Oct and a turbo in Nov, returned them both with no issue. S5 was bought and returned in store, so I paid a $35 restock. The turbo was online and returned via shipping, so no restock fee.

Posted via the Android Central App

rvgarryj

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
When I picked up my turbo they told me at verizon that I had till January 15th because it was considered holiday time.

I had the note 2 before and am still deciding how much I miss the bigger screen and stylus but so far this thing rocks. I gave up on touch wiz for Nova and haven't yet loaded it on the turbo but probably will.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I picked up my turbo they told me at verizon that I had till January 15th because it was considered holiday time.

I had the note 2 before and am still deciding how much I miss the bigger screen and stylus but so far this thing rocks. I gave up on touch wiz for Nova and haven't yet loaded it on the turbo but probably will.
I'm not sure when this took effect. However, in saying that, this doesn't change the one device exchange policy. If they bought the phone within the Christmas period and never switched then this would have worked.

To the OP - I hope you're able to get around this. The Turbo is fantastic. :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I had the turbo before and it was a blast. Well hopefully i can get it back tommorow lol. Wish me luck.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I get why you might want a bigger screen or an SD card slot, but someone needs to explain to me why you would need a removable battery unless you're going to keep the phone for 3 years.... This battery lasts a LOOONNGG time (mine is awesome after clearing the cache), and if you do kill it, it charges very quickly with the turbo charger. So, why would a removable battery be a thing?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my droid turbo and bought a Note 4. I know imma get hate but i just bought the note 4 because of the big screen and removable battery. I miss the stock android experience and just the feeling of having a DROID phone. I just wish that it had a removable battery and an SD card slot and a bigger screen. I should have never returned it but its too late now. I also dont like the touchwiz bloatware :( damn i am stupid but its whatever people make mistakes.

Have you considered calling Verizon and asking for a supervisor and see if you can exchange it for the Turbo. Or, go back to the store where you bought it and ask to speak to the manager to see what they can do?

If you already dislike the Note 4 now, 2 years is a long time to stay with a phone you do not like.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Im on a contract though so i cant sell it on Ebay...

Its not a contract though. Its an installment loan. You have a couple of options.

1. What I mentioned in the email above..go back to the store and explain the situation.
2. After 30 days of the Edge contract, you can terminate it by paying 100% of the cost of the device minus what you put into it. Then turn around and sell it on Ebay.
3. Pay 75% of the cost of the device, surrender the device back to Verizon and then get the Droid Turbo.

Option 1 makes the most sense financially. Option 2 would work but, you will need to "float" yourself some of the money until you can sell it.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I dont dislike the note 4. I dislike touchwiz lool. But yea imma talk to a worker there tomorow.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

What phine u got now ?

BlackBerry Q10. Actually had this since October '13. Longest I've ever kept a phone. I just keep getting bored with it and think if I find something else I really like...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 4 or droid turbo ?

What do u mean ? And im pissed as of now. I returned my turbo and got the note 4. Now im stuck witht the note 4 and i want the turbo back lol.

Yeah have to be careful with the return thing. They won't let you do it forever.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Same. Had a note 2 and i got tired of it. Then an htc one m8 got bored of it so i got a turbo. Then wanted to see if ill like touchwiz again and ehhh not really. Ive also had an S4 and a samsung galaxy tab S 8.4

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

The Turbo is a good size (Not Huge), an amazing Battery and a somewhat pure version of Android.... The look is beautiful, with Gorilla Glass... unless you just need the S-Pen or the huge size... it is a no brainer for me

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

There is no such thing as a perfect phone. Trying to find one makes a crusade to find the Holy Grail sound easy. If that is your goal stop now. Ain't going to happen.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

New Droid Turbo owner here, I come in peace! :p I did a ton of research and it came down to these two, which I believe are the two best phones overall.

The biggest selling points of the Turbo over Note 4 for me were the form factor (ie, I preferred its size and feel), near-stock Android, Moto Voice/Assist/Actions/Display, battery (though the Note 4's is impressive too), Qi charging, and Motorola's reputation for its build quality and quick updates (EDIT: not a fanboy, as I realize this may not always hold true).

The main distinguishing features about the Note 4 were not quite as important to me, though are really nice: screen size, multitasking, S-Pen, and a much better camera.

It certainly wasn't an easy decision because the Note 4 is amazing as well. Both of our phones have many similar specs that destroy pretty much everyone else right now except for the Nexus 6, which I think is a bit overrated.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital