strange "clipping/skipping" on ultra HD video (and also where to watch them?)

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Was bored working the hockey game last night. Was playing around with video and noticed there seemed to be some video skips/jumps/freezes in parts during playback. You can see it while its recording as well. The sound isn't affected tho. Anyone else experience this? Seems to be only in the ultra HD

Also wondering since the files are too big to email or text due to quality, is this a way to share these from the phone or get them viewable on a computer

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Was bored working the hockey game last night. Was playing around with video and noticed there seemed to be some video skips/jumps/freezes in parts during playback. You can see it while its recording as well. The sound isn't affected tho. Anyone else experience this? Seems to be only in the ultra HD
Could be lack of processing power to do whatever else you were doing and process HD video at the same time.

Also wondering since the files are too big to email or text due to quality, is this a way to share these from the phone or get them viewable on a computer
Since almost all computers these days are still at 1080 resolution (1920X1080), you won't see any difference between a 1080 video and a 4K video on the computer (and you certainly won't see the difference on a 6" phone screen, even if it's a 4K screen - it's too small unless you use a magnifying glass or you can focus on something touching your eyelash). 4K video is great if you're going to view it on a 90" 4K TV set from 5-10 feet away, but for any other practical purpose it's just a gimmick so far. I'd rather see 1080 3D than 4K 2D in future phones.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't send any video, even then 1080 over text or email, even with clips cut down to 8 seconds. How does one move fileanfron the phone is what i was getting at?

The original question...I wasn't doing anything else at the time of taking the ultra HD video but taking the video. And the playback skips in the same area every time.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I get some freezing and skipping on 2160p videos. Not sure if it's MX Player or something under the hood, but 1440p videos are fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney