VZW's "Flagship" phone

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Without a doubt, this phone is rapidly becoming VZW's "Flagship" phone. Certainly the phone has some issues. From what I have read and experienced for myself, i have confidence that most of the "issues" will be addressed in forthcoming software updates. While no device is "future proof", this one seems to answer most of those concerns. I can only expect that I can keep this phone for 2 yrs and not feel embarrassed.

Posted via the Android Central App

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the Droid Turbo is basically a hybrid of most of the best features from the Moto X & Nexus 6, and then throws in a monster battery. Too bad that it's been quite underrated by so many media outlets.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Despite all the negative hype, the battery is holding up far beyond expectations. Coming from a Droid Maxx....I've not been disappointed!

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the Droid DNA, there is no comparison. I am unbelievably happy with my choice to go with the Droid Turbo... Battery life, processor speed, design (which has been torn to pieces, but I like the Turbos looks) I agree with the above post - the best of the nexus 6 and the Motorola X with a killer battery.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would never be embarrassed by my phone choice .. Others opinions mean very little since I am the one who has to use it everyday so I'd rather use one I like... Not one someone else likes.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
It's amazing to me how one of the top criticisms (after "it's ugly") in a number of these reviews is how it doesn't achieve 48 hours of battery life. Both Motorola and VZW state that it is up to 48 hours with mixed usage - not an average, and not with power use. I saw a review where a guy said something about being on calls, playing games, and/or streaming videos from morning to evening daily and then complained how he wasn't getting the 48 hours. Ok, yeah, that's your average user right there...

Of course what some of those reviews like to leave out is how the battery life still destroys most phones out there, by the way. Yet I remember a couple of reviews saying that battery life was nothing special, 'average', or one even calling it subpar. Haters gonna hate.

I agree that no one should be embarrassed about phone choice. This one in particular is an all-around amazing device. You can only feel embarrassed if you allow others' negative opinions to affect you - they can say whatever but we can control our reactions.

It seems to be so trendy to hate on Droids and VZW nowadays - not to say there's nothing ever to criticize - but let such individuals waste their time hating and we'll just enjoy our phones.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have first hand experience with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Cricket......monthly fee not withstanding, VZW out shines them all. Nearly a decade now with VZW, I don't see myself looking back anytime soon. I have Faith that they will stand behind this particular product and release updates in a timely manner. I have not, do not, and never will own an iPhone! Or an Apple, Mac, iPod.......or anything else they might come up with. There are far better products available that do not use their closed operating systems. JMHO!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Droid DNA, there is no comparison. I am unbelievably happy with my choice to go with the Droid Turbo... Battery life, processor speed, design (which has been torn to pieces, but I like the Turbos looks) I agree with the above post - the best of the nexus 6 and the Motorola X with a killer battery.

The DNA was actually a very good phone. It's problem was battery life. But in that it's far from alone :)

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, there are phones I've liked better. The 2014 Moto X being one of them. The display of the Turbo doesn't buy you much. Battery life is nice to have but the Moto X is actually not bad. And it takes the Turbo charger, so there's that. Easier to handle too. Plus it's way prettier :) The X I have has a black leather back and grey detailing - it looks great. So to me it looks as if VZW has two flagships! :)

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, there are phones I've liked better. The 2014 Moto X being one of them. The display of the Turbo doesn't buy you much. Battery life is nice to have but the Moto X is actually not bad. And it takes the Turbo charger, so there's that. Easier to handle too. Plus it's way prettier :) The X I have has a black leather back and grey detailing - it looks great. So to me it looks as if VZW has two flagships! :)

This is why I have a Turbo and my wife a 2014 Moto X ;). I'm a power user, and the X is her first smartphone.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I can upgrade today! Hmm, this or the Sony phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'd go for this on the sole fact that it doesn't have a GLASS BACK!!!! Who's idea was that anyway? It was dumb when Apple did it and it still is. Glass backs skate off almost any surface.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd go for this on the sole fact that it doesn't have a GLASS BACK!!!! Who's idea was that anyway? It was dumb when Apple did it and it still is. Glass backs skate off almost any surface.
I'll probably go for the Turbo. My biggest concern with it is the camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I think that the DT's camera has gotten somewhat of a bad rap. When compared to the best ones out there, yes it doesn't measure up. But it seems like there's this mentality of 'if you're not the best, you suck' from a bunch of people who haven't actually tested it. Its two main weaknesses are no image stabilization and subpar low-light performance; these are problems for sure, but not deal breakers for me.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think that the DT's camera has gotten somewhat of a bad rap. When compared to the best ones out there, yes it doesn't measure up. But it seems like there's this mentality of 'if you're not the best, you suck' from a bunch of people who haven't actually tested it. Its two main weaknesses are no image stabilization and subpar low-light performance; these are problems for sure, but not deal breakers for me.

Well, one of the sort of surprising things is that they put all top end stuff into the phone )screen, battery, processor, etc) and then a camera that doesn't stack up to the competition. Just seems odd.