I got an early release on the Fitbit Surge. Its awesome so far except my smartphone, a Motorola Droid Turbo, will not currently sync notifications for text and phone calls. I've emailed them asking about the problem. They say it is because "the Fitbit app is not currently supported by the Motorola Droid Turbo." The smart phone compatible list on their website does not show my phone, however the app works just fine and even syncs everything else the surge has to offer. Fitbit says they are working closely with smart phone manufactures to work out the Bluetooth 4.0 problems. The only instance that the I have any trouble is when I check the text and call notifications box in the Fitbit app for my surge. Once the box is checked my phone will not sync with the app. Does anyone have any suggestions or work-arounds ?
    12-08-2014 07:51 AM
    You may not get much help here yet, since no one else has the surge yet. Just a guess, but under Settings>Security & Screen Lock>Notification Access, is there an entry in that list for Fitbit? If so, is it checked? I currently have a Garmin vivosmart(waiting to get a surge), and this has to be checked in order for notifications to show up on my Garmin.
    12-08-2014 08:19 AM
    I don't have an answer to your question, but I am curious about the Fitbit Surge.

Do you post to connectedly (Part of the Mobile Nations family)? People there may be able to help. I also have questions about this device and would like to ask someone about it, but this is not the place for that.

BTW -- You will find a link to connectedly at the bottom and you can use your "passport login" to gain access with the same username and password as you do for Android central.

Hope to see you over there....
    12-08-2014 08:53 AM
    djousma I think you are on to something here. On my Turbo there is no check box for the fitbit app nor do I know how to force the fitbit app to show up in the notification access screen. I also noticed my co-workers Samsung Galaxy S5 does not have a "notification access" screen. I know that the text and call notifications work from the Surge to the S5 so I thought their might be a correlation there. Is there a way to force the fitbit app to show up on the "notification access" screen. The only option for a check box I get is for an app called "tutorial". Can someone help with some problems I am having syncing text and phone call notifications to my Fitbit Surge with Motorola Droid Turbo?-fitbit-app-not-found-notification-access.jpg
    12-09-2014 08:48 AM
    Got the Turbo. Just got the Surge. But per this PDF I link to below, there is no Turbo support yet. There is mini/ultra/maxx support, but no Turbo as of yet. Hopefully that changes soon. I want to use this to the fullest, and I would be upset if the predecessor (Maxx) can do stuff but the Turbo can't. I just think the Turbo has recently come out and they need to do a thing or two to make it compatible, and we'll be fine soon enough. But I want to use the text notifications and music, and I guess I gotta wait a bit.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=VMCpQZ2o

• Motorola - DROID Droid Mini
    • Motorola - DROID Droid Ultra
    • Motorola - DROID Droid MAXX
    • Motorola - DROID Droid RAZR M
    • Motorola - DROID Droid RAZR HD
    • Motorola - DROID Droid RAZR HD MAXX
    • Motorola Moto X (2013)
    • Motorola Moto X (2014)
    • Motorola Moto G
    • Motorola Moto E
    01-07-2015 11:25 PM