So I love my Droid Turbo and every that came with it. But the cord that came with the Turbo Charger is really short, maybe a 3ft cord. This is barely long enough to reach from the wall outlet to my desk.

I don't know exactly how the Turbo Charger works but do you think swapping out the USB cord for a longer one would affect the charging?

Also, sorry if this has been answered before, I searched to no avail.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2014 02:00 PM
    No it doesnt.the cord doesnt make a difference but i has to be a somewhat new cord. It cant be like a galaxy s2 cord or a really old cord because some of those cords cant handle the charge from the turbo brick. So yes u can use a different cord, charging time will not change if you use the glossy black charger brick the turno came with.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-08-2014 02:30 PM
    I use a 10 foot micro usb cord bought from monoprice and it works just fine. I dont remember which usb cable came with my phone actually. Use anyone you want.
    12-08-2014 02:30 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have a cord from my HTC DNA charger. But I may just pick up a newer one because it's what I would consider heavily used.

12-08-2014 07:53 PM
    I would assume that as long as you plug it in and the display notifies you that "Turbo Charger Detected" you'll be good. I use a cord from a Logitech mouse since the stock one isn't fit for anything but a desk or kitchen counter.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    12-08-2014 09:03 PM
    I have a 7 foot cord with duct tape ( thanks to my cats ) and it works just fine.
    mobrules and travaz like this.
    12-08-2014 09:34 PM
    I have a 7 foot cord with duct tape ( thanks to my cats ) and it works just fine.
    Haha, point taken. Good on ya for your duct tape use...

12-09-2014 10:53 AM
    Sorry, youre all wrong. There is a different cord. It is thicker and has four wires with a shield, not three. If you havent noticed it then you are dense. Sorry squints.
    02-01-2015 12:46 AM
    Sorry, youre all wrong. There is a different cord. It is thicker and has four wires with a shield, not three. If you havent noticed it then you are dense. Sorry squints.
    Wow. A pretty lame 1st post I'd say. Hope you're not expecting any help here down the road.
    DatabaseMX likes this.
    02-01-2015 07:48 AM
    You'll definitely run across the random cord that won't work correctly -- it will charge, but not Turbo charge. You'll know instantly when you connect it. If the phone doesn't' say "Turbo charger detected", get another USB cable. You won't be able to tell by thickness alone. I have a very thin USB cable I use at work because it has a right angle connection on the mini connector side. It works like a champ. I also have a thick one that doesn't. While it may be true that there's a 4th wire that must be present to carry the additional load for Turbo charging, cable thickness alone will not tell you if it's present.

Wow. A pretty lame 1st post I'd say. Hope you're not expecting any help here down the road.
    +1 Where 's those "Thanks for Nothing" and "Don't Like" buttons?
    02-01-2015 08:30 AM
    I don't know exactly how the Turbo Charger works ...
    Its a constant amperage charger. Others are constant voltage.

As the battery charges the resistance increases. To maintain a constant amperage, the charger ramps up the voltage. Thus, instead of starting a charge at 2A and tapering off slowly until battery voltage matches charge voltage, the charger keeps the charge rate at 2A (or what ever it says on the label) and shuts off when the battery is at the proper voltage.

V=IR

For I to remain constant at increasing R, V must increase proportionally.

Clear as mud?
    02-02-2015 05:18 PM
    Cats ... LOL
    I GET that !
    02-02-2015 05:34 PM
    Typical troll... Big man behind a keyboard, but willing to bet he wouldn't say that to any of us face to face. #smh

DatabaseMX likes this.
    02-04-2015 02:31 AM