Before u guys hate i had a droid turbo and returned it for a note 4 but im going to get my turbo back today. But anyway is anybody worried about the battery not going to be able to hold an amazing charge and have amazing battery life with there turbo in the next few months or years of them owning it. Phones like the note 4 and i think the G3 have removable batteries so you can swap another battery. But with the turbo you will have to send it in to get a new battery most likely. Whats ur guys thoughts ?

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-08-2014 02:51 PM
    A removable battery has me leaning toward a Samsung S5. I prefer prepaid, which means I have to pay full price for a phone. So I want something that will last more than two years rather than having to be replaced before then due to a fading battery.
    12-08-2014 03:27 PM
    No

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    12-08-2014 03:35 PM
    I do prefer removable batteries, but I don't think it's an issue unless you're worried about battery degradation over the long term. If you're planning to use the DT for a substantial period after your contract ends, the battery should still be pretty good, just don't expect it to be close to the 3900mAh.

Also, some people have concerns that frequent turbo charging over time may shorten battery life, but it's unclear to what extent it would affect the battery or how long this would take. (EDIT) I personally plan to use my old charger or wireless most of the time (specifically when charging overnight), just in case.

Certainly there's a small chance of receiving a lemon and then you have to put up with the warranty replacement - but you don't have to send it in; you can go into a VZW store for repairs/replacement.
    12-08-2014 03:36 PM
    No

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    12-08-2014 04:02 PM
    Not worried at all. I had a Maxx HD before my Turbo and that battery performed like a champion for 2 years. People like removable batteries in case they need to replace it after a year or more due to battery fatigue--I never experienced that with the Maxx HD. Well, I guess instead of having 40%-50% battery left at the end of the day, I had 30% after 2 years of use.

The other reason people like removable batteries is the ability to swap a fresh battery for a drained battery. I only ran my battery down in my Maxx HD once and that was a deliberate action to see if I could do it. I had seven hours of screen time on it and about 10% battery left by 11:30 at night after using it most of the day. I came to realize if you need to carry around a spare battery in case your primary battery ran out of juice, you're the one with a battery problem.
    12-08-2014 04:56 PM
    Not at all. I am never away from home, my car or a wall outlet... I'd say roughly 90% or more of the world's population are in the same situation. Sealed phones are the new norm so I figure I may as well get used to it. That was two years ago when I got my HTC DNA.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2014 07:57 PM
    The only benefit I've ever found with removable batteries is the ability to pull it in case the phone freezes. That's pretty much a non issue now that it's been designed into the os.

The one thing I never liked, especially Samsungs with what I lovingly call the "explode" feature. Drop it out even set it down too hard and battery goes one direction and the phone goes the other.
    12-08-2014 08:34 PM
    Nope, just enjoy the phone. Your battery will be fine for the duration of ownership.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    12-08-2014 09:00 PM
    Any battery is removable, if you know how. The Droid Maxx could be removed if you take the shell off. I don't recall if it's soldered or not, but if that scares you you could probably have a screen repair shop swap it for you.
    12-12-2014 12:54 PM
    Nope, just enjoy the phone. Your battery will be fine for the duration of ownership.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    I agree, yet I can't help but feel that comment sounds like it came from Apple!
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    12-12-2014 12:55 PM
    In two years when the number of charge cycles and capacity start to show its age, your phone will only last as long as the newest iPhone. Sux, I know.
    12-12-2014 04:08 PM
    Even though the battery is "non removable" if your worried about long term use, I wouldn't be. After two years or so you can buy a new battery and take the back off pretty easily and the battery isnt soldered in, its a pop in connector with screws just like iphones
    12-24-2014 07:56 PM
    To help with longevity should you charge it any time you can or let it run down as far as you can?

Right now, mine is 45-50% at night and I charge it up. Should I let it go all the way down before recharging?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2014 08:31 PM
    Personally, I let it run down to 25-30 before charging. It last me about 2 days and therefore this will keep the charge discharge cycles down. Not sure if it matters a whole lot though
    12-24-2014 09:23 PM
    To help with longevity should you charge it any time you can or let it run down as far as you can?
    Neither. If you charge it any time you can you will rack up charge cycles. If you let it run down as far as you can you will create heat when recharging which may harm the longevity of the battery.

Right now, mine is 45-50% at night and I charge it up. Should I let it go all the way down before recharging?
    I wouldn't let it get down below 15%. You're probably fine charging it every night.

I'd like to think Motorola engineered the battery to take a lot of abuse but letting it go all the way down doesn't sound like it would be good for it.
    12-24-2014 10:57 PM
    Prior to the Turbo I was a fan of the removable battery feature so I could optionally install a larger mah battery, or at least have a spare to throw in there if mine ran dead, and no charging option was available. Now that I have the Turbo, those issues are rendered moot, as I can easily exceed a day on a single charge, which is all I need. I rarely keep a phone more than two years, so I know I'll get a minimum of that much service from the battery (unless a defect rears its head), so for the first time, I'm perfectly happy without having the option of a removable battery. The lack of additional storage on the other hand... (but that's another thread).
    12-25-2014 09:30 AM
    Worried?

Not a bit.
    12-26-2014 05:38 PM