04-05-2015 04:32 PM
46 12
tools
    Fancy Widgets. Normally I change the clock skins regularly, but I always come back to this one. It matches the Google bar.
    Attached Thumbnails What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-1425267743221.jpg  
    03-01-2015 10:42 PM
    I've always disliked the google bar, and it's the first thing I remove from my phone screen when I get a new phone. I was pretty displeased that the only way to remove it from the Turbo was by replacing the launcher. Ultimately I would have done that anyway -- but If I didn't want the google bar, I had to use an alternate launcher, and that doesn't sit very well with me. I do like google voice, and I can launch it from any main screen by simply speaking "OK Google", and that's all I need (Moto Voice, if that's the correct name is disabled). Just my 2 cents. For those of you that like the goggle bar, rock it with pride.
    03-02-2015 06:43 AM
    I'm one of the few that actually like the Google Bar on my Main Home screen. If I was forced to have it on all my screens, then I would have an issue.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    03-02-2015 10:03 AM
    I'm using Zooper with a custom widget I made What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-uploadfromtaptalk1425312866463.jpg
    03-02-2015 11:15 AM
    I've always disliked the google bar, and it's the first thing I remove from my phone screen when I get a new phone. I was pretty displeased that the only way to remove it from the Turbo was by replacing the launcher. Ultimately I would have done that anyway -- but If I didn't want the google bar, I had to use an alternate launcher, and that doesn't sit very well with me. I do like google voice, and I can launch it from any main screen by simply speaking "OK Google", and that's all I need (Moto Voice, if that's the correct name is disabled). Just my 2 cents. For those of you that like the goggle bar, rock it with pride.
    Actually if you touch and hold a blank spot while using the stock launcher, you can go into settings and turn the bar off.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    dungoyle likes this.
    03-02-2015 12:18 PM
    Correct.

03-02-2015 12:31 PM
    Am I the only one who likes the Google bar?? I use it daily

Posted via the Android Central App
    this_is_nascar likes this.
    03-02-2015 01:33 PM
    I like Accuweather.
    03-02-2015 01:34 PM

I use it daily.

03-02-2015 01:48 PM
    Actually if you touch and hold a blank spot while using the stock launcher, you can go into settings and turn the bar off.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    Thanks. As many times as this has come up, this is the first solution I've seen (I must have missed this being correctly addressed elsewhere in the forum). I actually switched to the default launcher from Nova to test it, and "yep" that works.
    03-02-2015 03:51 PM
    I hope this was helpful, and good luck!
    Thank you *SO* much for the tutorial! Very much pleased with my creation! I think it looks superb and blends beautifully with my Violet Flat icon pack (GP store).

Just two very minor issues. Going to have to get used to the Do Not Disturb as opposed to Mute that I have been using (Power Toggles app). It is not a simple tap... now I have to tap and set the duration I wish for the phone to remain silent. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent feature.. will just take a little time to adapt to it. I do love the fact that when the duration/timer ends all sounds return to regular settings (will be a lifesaver for me as I mute my phone for client sessions and religiously forget to unmute and of course I miss calls and messages until I finally remember). Still, it would be nice to have Mute as an option on the home screen widgets. Mute can be added to lock screen widgets, would make sense to add the ability to other widgets as well.

I also wish that tapping the clock could open the alarm page of the system clock app instead of opening to the plain clock page (I already know the time, why does it think I need to see it bigger? LOL). Like I said, this is a very minor pet peeve I've discovered. I will be submitting these as suggestions to the developer(s) and who knows? They may just take my feedback to heart.

Thanks again, dungoyle!!

What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-screenshot_2015-03-02-21-27-42.jpg
    03-02-2015 11:42 PM
    Thank you *SO* much for the tutorial! Very much pleased with my creation! I think it looks superb and blends beautifully with my Violet Flat icon pack (GP store).

Just two very minor issues. Going to have to get used to the Do Not Disturb as opposed to Mute that I have been using (Power Toggles app). It is not a simple tap... now I have to tap and set the duration I wish for the phone to remain silent. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent feature.. will just take a little time to adapt to it. I do love the fact that when the duration/timer ends all sounds return to regular settings (will be a lifesaver for me as I mute my phone for client sessions and religiously forget to unmute and of course I miss calls and messages until I finally remember). Still, it would be nice to have Mute as an option on the home screen widgets. Mute can be added to lock screen widgets, would make sense to add the ability to other widgets as well.

I also wish that tapping the clock could open the alarm page of the system clock app instead of opening to the plain clock page (I already know the time, why does it think I need to see it bigger? LOL). Like I said, this is a very minor pet peeve I've discovered. I will be submitting these as suggestions to the developer(s) and who knows? They may just take my feedback to heart.

Thanks again, dungoyle!!
    Great job in color coordination KA1OTE. I too love the Do Not Disturb function. I used to have the OK Google Microphone icon there, until I stumbled across the setting that let's you invoke OK Google "hot" from any screen. The DND button is a much better use of that space.
    03-03-2015 06:21 AM

I use it All. The. Time. It's also a way to tap-launch Google now without having to swipe something.
    03-03-2015 08:09 AM
    !!
    Are these meetings in your calendar? If so you can just use the Meetings feature of the Assist app to automatically mute when you are in a meeting. It can also be set to allow favorite contacts to ring through if you want, so if a family member calls in an emergency it will still ring the phone, but all other calls will not ring.
    03-03-2015 08:13 AM
    I use 1 Weather and if I tap on the clock portion of the widget it opens my alarm app which is Digital Alarm Clock by Zabamobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 09:32 AM
    Are these meetings in your calendar? If so you can just use the Meetings feature of the Assist app to automatically mute when you are in a meeting. It can also be set to allow favorite contacts to ring through if you want, so if a family member calls in an emergency it will still ring the phone, but all other calls will not ring.
    I have tried to adapt to using the Assist feature, but I just can't get comfortable with it. Call me old school, but I prefer to mute my phone manually (although I am learning to love the Do Not Disturb in HD Widgets). Thanks for posting though as I'm sure someone who doesn't know about that feature of Moto Assist will find it useful!
    03-04-2015 01:34 AM
    I just use the regular command center

Attached Thumbnails What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-4012.jpg  
    03-04-2015 10:04 PM
    Thanks. As many times as this has come up, this is the first solution I've seen (I must have missed this being correctly addressed elsewhere in the forum). I actually switched to the default launcher from Nova to test it, and "yep" that works.
    No, I missed it also. I just decided I'd have to live with it. I took it off using the technique provided, but then put it back since I didn't gain that much space.
    edison
    03-04-2015 11:08 PM
    Okay, changed my home screen. Still using Fancy Widgets.
    Attached Thumbnails What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-1425529117842.jpg  
    03-04-2015 11:21 PM
    I keep mine simpleWhat is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?-screenshot_2015-03-05-07-52-03.jpg
    03-05-2015 09:03 AM
    One More Clock is my go to widget. I like simple look, though its "tap" features give me plenty of options.

Click, Click, boom.
    04-05-2015 04:32 PM
46 12