12-19-2014 11:51 AM
436 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    After going through the steps to add HD calling to my line, I noticed that some features will not be compatible. Caller ID and Ringback Tones seem to conflict with VoLTE. Does this mean that the features are disabled entirely? Or that they just won't work with VoLTE calls. I just renewed my ringback tone today too.

Attachment 153411
    it removes the feature, so no more ringback tones
    Masheen likes this.
    12-09-2014 11:02 PM
    Awesome news! I was starting to let go of all expectations because they had been built up by a Motorola rep telling me that Lollipop was coming Dec 16-17 (posted on another thread). Earlier today, those dates were looking dicey, not to mention that another Motorola rep and a VZW rep both told me later on that nothing was set and weren't sure if any updates were coming this month. Now we get this development so I'll just look at myself as a reverse jinx! :P
    12-10-2014 12:46 AM
    There's a lot of info in the FAQ: Advanced Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    Masheen likes this.
    12-10-2014 06:03 AM
    I know everyone is saying the Droid turbo will have Advanced calling by the end of the year, but that's in 21 days. Verizon better fix this, or I'm taking the best (promised) phone they ever had back.
    12-10-2014 09:57 AM
    I know everyone is saying the Droid turbo will have Advanced calling by the end of the year, but that's in 21 days. Verizon better fix this, or I'm taking the best (promised) phone they ever had back.
    I believe it is available TODAY. Called HD Voice.

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
    doogald likes this.
    12-10-2014 10:09 AM
    VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived! At least I think it has.

You can activate it with your phone by opening the My Verizon Mobile App (I know, I know...), then:

1. Change Features
    2. Log in
    3. Select phone number/device
    4. Select Advanced Calling 1.0
    5. Select HD Voice
    6. Select when you want this feature to be activated.
    7. Be sure to click on Review to make sure the changes went through.

(You're welcome.)
    12-10-2014 10:15 AM
    VZW has added the option, which is step1. Step2 is the required software update to the Turbo which is to be delivered yet(hopefully soon). without both, you wont get Volte.
    12-10-2014 10:17 AM
    VZW has added the option, which is step1. Step2 is the required software update to the Turbo which is to be delivered yet(hopefully soon). without both, you wont get Volte.
    Yes, I just read this and was returning to make an edit to my OP. Thanks for the info.
    12-10-2014 10:19 AM
    VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived! At least I think it has.

You can activate it with your phone by opening the My Verizon Mobile App (I know, I know...), then:

1. Change Features
    2. Log in
    3. Select phone number/device
    4. Select Advanced Calling 1.0
    5. Select HD Voice
    6. Select when you want this feature to be activated.
    7. Be sure to click on Review to make sure the changes went through.

(You're welcome.)
    You also have to restart the phone to see that the feature has been added to your account. When it was added to last year's Droids last month, it sometimes took a day for the feature to be recognized by the phone.

Are you 100% sure about that? It's possible that the phone always supported the feature but Verizon wasn't ready to make it available to the phone yet. (I don't know that for sure...)

See Verizon pushes an update to Droid Turbo to version 21.21.15 | AndroMods though - I think that the original OTA already delivered the update that was needed. Maybe Verizon just wasn't ready internally to support the phone yet?

So, it'll be interesting to see if anybody can get the feature working prior to another OTA, either today or tomorrow. (And, again, you probably have to restart the phone after adding the feature, probably a few hours after you add it.)
    12-10-2014 10:36 AM
    Thanks for the link! I added it to my account. can't wait to test it out.
    12-10-2014 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the link! I added it to my account. can't wait to test it out.
    I added it to mine as well. There is some question as to whether it is ready to use right now, or if Verizon needs to send a software update to our phones so it will be activated.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...s-arrived.html
    12-10-2014 11:20 AM
    Are you 100% sure about that? It's possible that the phone always supported the feature but Verizon wasn't ready to make it available to the phone yet. (I don't know that for sure...)

See Verizon pushes an update to Droid Turbo to version 21.21.15 | AndroMods though - I think that the original OTA already delivered the update that was needed. Maybe Verizon just wasn't ready internally to support the phone yet?

So, it'll be interesting to see if anybody can get the feature working prior to another OTA, either today or tomorrow. (And, again, you probably have to restart the phone after adding the feature, probably a few hours after you add it.)
    Yes. The phone needs an update for it to work -- Verizon said they would do it by years end.
    12-10-2014 12:19 PM
    There was a story last night on Droid Life about a soak test for the Turbo. Speculation is that it's either Advanced Calling, Lollipop, or both.
    12-10-2014 02:30 PM
    There was a story last night on Droid Life about a soak test for the Turbo. Speculation is that it's either Advanced Calling, Lollipop, or both.
    This soak is from Motorola & IMO, it's pretty doubtful it would be for VOLTE alone. I've no doubt it's 5.0 either with or without VOLTE included. I've not seen a soak test for other than an OS upgrade.
    12-10-2014 03:01 PM
    This soak is from Motorola & IMO, it's pretty doubtful it would be for VOLTE alone. I've no doubt it's 5.0 either with or without VOLTE included. I've not seen a soak test for other than an OS upgrade.
    Yep this is very true. I have done numerous soak tests and they have always been os updates not just feature updates. I think it will be with volte.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2014 03:38 PM
    The last soak test for the Maxx was to give it the ability to use VoLTE. The soak test was to update the OS to. 23.3.24

JMHO
    xweb10 likes this.
    12-10-2014 04:34 PM
    The last soak test for the Maxx was to give it the ability to use VoLTE. The soak test was to update the OS to. 23.3.24

JMHO
    Wow. That's a new one on me, thanks.
    12-10-2014 04:41 PM
    I agree with this . When I got the update for VoLTE on the S5 ,Verizon and Samsung didn't do a soak test for it . It just showed up .
    12-10-2014 05:00 PM
    Last year's Droids also had a soak test in May to test a minor radio update to fix a roaming problem. The phone remained on 4.4. So, verizon and Motorola have done two minor, non-update soak tests on the 2013 Droids this year.
    12-10-2014 05:04 PM

JMHO
    And considering the issues they had after that update (I've still held off updating my Maxx) I'd imagine they'd want to try and reduce any possible bugs.
    12-10-2014 07:16 PM
    I would be very surprised if this is Lollipop. VoLTE for sure.
    12-10-2014 07:18 PM
    Has anyone actually tried it? If still not available, this thread title should be changed.
    12-10-2014 07:44 PM
    Did vzw actually promise an update of any kind by any date? I can't remember seeing verizon actually state that. Maybe I'm wrong...

Moto's reputation is not on the line here. Maybe with a few people here, but the general public doesn't give a rats behind about it. Again, that's us techies here thinking the rest of the world cares about this stuff as much as us. They don't.
    12-10-2014 07:54 PM
    Here's another article from today on DL.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/10...sion-of-volte/
    mobrules likes this.
    12-10-2014 08:10 PM
    ^^ I don't know if truer words have ever been said - particularly annoyed when tech reviewers get caught up in criticizing phones for relatively insignificant issues and aren't thinking in terms of what's important in the overall experience for a typical user.

From OP's post, Motorola stated "by end of year". I didn't see a VZW announcement about it, but I had read on Droid Life that VZW told them Advanced Calling would be here before the end of the year.
    12-10-2014 09:12 PM
436 ... 89101112 ...