12-19-2014 12:51 PM
436 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Yeah, I am a huge fan of the Turbo. I am buying one in two weeks when my contract is up and i convinced my sister to go out and get her free upgrade for one.

However, it is disappointing that i cant receive a call, put them on speaker and still check my facebook, pull up a file in an email that person has sent me... etc. Heck.. Just yesterday i text someone images from my Galaxy S3 while we were on the phone so we could discuss them. I use this feature almost daily.

There is no reason to call someone names for this missing feature being a disappointment.
    11-01-2014 12:58 PM
    It's amazing that Verizon survived so long when you couldn't do voice and data until they added LTE in 2011.
    Like everything else once you get used to it. Its tough to go back. With my company we take credit card payments over the phone and by law we are not supposed to write credit card info down so we do it while we are on phone. It has really helped my paycheck the last few years.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2014 01:27 PM
    Not all Samsungs do I had the note 4 and it couldn't do it. Only phones on Verizon to do it right now is the galaxy s5 lg g2 and the iPhone 6.
    Ignore this. Tapatalk is flipping out on me..lol
    11-01-2014 02:18 PM
    Not all Samsungs do I had the note 4 and it couldn't do it. Only phones on Verizon to do it right now is the galaxy s5 lg g2 and the iPhone 6.
    Add the HTC One M8 to that list as I do it just fine.
    11-01-2014 02:28 PM
    So wrong. Every current LTE phone on Verizon with exception of the 3 you mention can do simultaneous voice and data provided you are on the LTE network. Data travels via LTE and voice goes over CDMA. The Galaxy S5, LG G2 and iPhone 6 have VoLTE enabled already. The GS5 doesn't need VoLTE though, as it still has the standard two radios for LTE/CDMA at the same time. Pretty much every phone since the Thunderbolt can do this. Heck, even my older BlackBerry Z10 and my current Q10 can do this without issue.

leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-01-2014 02:28 PM
    It's not about smartphone or not... it's about usability. Moving to a "like" device with essentially more horsepower under the hood but fewer features is not a step in the right direction. After the thrill of unboxing has worn off, there's the 2 years you're using the device and the frustration that ensues. There's nothing wrong with expecting new devices to perform as well as your last device. When you've delivered a product that performs x, y and z reliably, you're going to have to maintain that same quality of service. Screw that up and you've thrown customer loyalty right out the window.

edit...
    The only reason I've commented in this (Turbo) forum is that I had a good bit of anticipation for picking up the new Verizon flagship device. This single antenna nonsense has eliminated this for consideration (for me) so I'll therefore leave y'all alone to enjoy it.
    11-01-2014 02:43 PM
    It's not about smartphone or not... it's about usability. Moving to a "like" device with essentially more horsepower under the hood but fewer features is not a step in the right direction. After the thrill of unboxing has worn off, there's the 2 years you're using the device and the frustration that ensues. There's nothing wrong with expecting new devices to perform as well as your last device. When you've delivered a product that performs x, y and z reliably, you're going to have to maintain that same quality of service. Screw that up and you've thrown customer loyalty right out the window.
    Blame Verizon for delay of VOLTE. Had Turbo release been 2 months from now it would be touted as the greatest phone of all time and half the complaint threads under Droid Turbo would be non existent.

I still assert that it is the greatest phone of all time...on a 2month delay for the trophy.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    mobrules and dungoyle like this.
    11-01-2014 02:52 PM
    Yeah, I am a huge fan of the Turbo. I am buying one in two weeks when my contract is up and i convinced my sister to go out and get her free upgrade for one.

However, it is disappointing that i cant receive a call, put them on speaker and still check my facebook, pull up a file in an email that person has sent me... etc. Heck.. Just yesterday i text someone images from my Galaxy S3 while we were on the phone so we could discuss them. I use this feature almost daily.

There is no reason to call someone names for this missing feature being a disappointment.
    I concur. Keep in mind that u can still send/receive texts while on a call. Just can't access the Internet.

Droid Turbo 64GB
    11-01-2014 03:37 PM
    Verizon is slowly rolling out Advanced Calling [VoLTE] on a phone by phone basis. Probably a lot of valid reasons for that from their point of view not the least of which is the impact of volume usage. Service is slowly being added for more phones regularly.

As far as I am concerned as I have stated in a couple other threads, a bigger issue is that even after the update voice+data will only work in 4GLTE network service areas. Even worse is that if you are on a VoLTE call and leave 4G coverage the call is dropped. Not handed off to CDMA but dropped. There are a lot more spots in the Big Red Map without complete 4G coverage than Verizon would like you to think.

If voice+data is critical to you, then look for a Verizon phone with two radio/antenna setups. Turbo and Moto X both are one radio/antenna phones.
    11-01-2014 03:54 PM
    The number of threads related to this issue and the number of people posting compared to the volume on the Moto X forum would seem to imply the phone is selling well.
    11-01-2014 03:57 PM
    And I imagine most if not all new phones will also have the same one radio setup.
    11-01-2014 04:12 PM
    The number of threads related to this issue and the number of people posting compared to the volume on the Moto X forum would seem to imply the phone is selling well.
    Or there are more issues.
    11-01-2014 04:13 PM
    Or people like to type the word Turbo

11-01-2014 04:41 PM
    I had to return my turbo today. I didn't know that it was unable to do voice and data simultaneously. It's also like this for the Verizon new Moto X as well. When I returned it, the Verizon employees didn't even know this either until I told them. Verizon is supposed to bring an update for their Advanced Calling to the Turbo in the next 30-90 days. I really liked the Ballistic Nylon too! but I have to the ability to do voice and data simultaneously. I couldn't even use Bluetooth and Maps together on my way to an appointment. Hopefully, they fix this sooner rather than later. So, I'm back to the droid maxx.

That is a major bummer for the Droid Turbo. When I used the Moto X, that drove me nuts and made me ultra fidgety.
    11-01-2014 04:52 PM
    How do I find out which phones have two antenna?

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2014 05:12 PM
    My comment was based on the reaction to the specific issue of data+voice. Might be a more varied demographic of users for the Turbo.
    11-01-2014 05:47 PM
    When is VoLTE being released?
    11-01-2014 06:26 PM
    When is VoLTE being released?
    Sounds like a few months tops. At least we should have Lollipop in a few weeks.

11-01-2014 06:30 PM
    And I imagine most if not all new phones will also have the same one radio setup.
    Motorola developed a reputation for good antenna performance. People (read; me) bought their product because of it. I will still buy with radio functionality chief among the reasons for buying. Whether it's Motorola or Samsung or HTC or LG; whoever distributes a phone that provides the greatest ability to maintain a trouble-free conversation and keeps the tools like maps running at the same time will get my money. I'm not alone. I'm part of a market. As part of a market, I can be assured (to some extent) that phone manufacturers will cater to our needs.
    11-01-2014 06:59 PM
    I had to return my turbo today. I didn't know that it was unable to do voice and data simultaneously. It's also like this for the Verizon new Moto X as well. When I returned it, the Verizon employees didn't even know this either until I told them. Verizon is supposed to bring an update for their Advanced Calling to the Turbo in the next 30-90 days. I really liked the Ballistic Nylon too! but I have to the ability to do voice and data simultaneously. I couldn't even use Bluetooth and Maps together on my way to an appointment. Hopefully, they fix this sooner rather than later. So, I'm back to the droid maxx.

This is a possible deal breaker for me.

Anyone else?

Phone junkie
    11-01-2014 07:15 PM
    No, I'm on WiFi most of the time and don't use data much while on the phone.
    11-01-2014 07:22 PM
    This is a possible deal breaker for me.

Anyone else?

Phone junkie
    Total deal breaker for me

11-01-2014 09:02 PM
    So, if I am on Wifi, I should be able to surf the Internet and make a call simultaneously? The issue comes with cell data and the phone call, right?
    11-01-2014 10:13 PM
    So, if I am on Wifi, I should be able to surf the Internet and make a call simultaneously? The issue comes with cell data and the phone call, right?
    Yuppers

tech_fan likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:15 PM

You couldn't wait a month? It's like you gave up on 10 amazing features for one that really isn't a big deal...
    11-01-2014 10:34 PM
436 ... 34567 ...