07-28-2015 04:03 PM
46 12
tools
    Funny, I cord charged last night and forgot how nice it was.
    Why did I want to use Qi again? lol
    12-12-2014 08:40 PM
    I've heard about not going below 20% but not 40%. Is this a hard and fast guideline? That is, I understand and agree with the concept behind it, but would there be a big difference between draining it to 20% as opposed to 40%?
    I hear ya man. I've read a bunch of different numbers over time. In the end I don't worry about it. Charge it when you have time.
    12-12-2014 09:20 PM
    Funny, I cord charged last night and forgot how nice it was.
    Why did I want to use Qi again? lol
    Because its super convenient. I have mine on the nightstand next to my bed. I just reach over and set it on it. If I need to I can quickly grab it off and then put it back in the dark by feel with one hand. Can't do that with a cable.
    zagato27 and travaz like this.
    12-13-2014 12:46 PM
    I put a powerstrip next to my bed and got some long cables from amazon ages ago so it's not a bother for me, mostly I wanted to not put wear on the tiny connector on the phone. Amazon had some 1.8amp BlackBerry OE wired wall wart chargers with really long cables for like $3 each or something silly, I bought several, high quality low price was the goal and they seem to fit.

Been cable charging the last few nights, 20 degree less battery temps than Qi charging per gsam's graph for whatever that's worth.
    90 peak cable, 120 peak Qi. It'd be worse if it wasn't pretty chilly here.
    I never checked on my S4 but I really don't think it got so hot, since the battery was smaller I guess.
    My not especially scientific conclusion is that top up charging is OK with Qi but much below 50% or so on the DT and I'd rather use a cable.
    12-13-2014 02:18 PM
    90 peak cable, 120 peak Qi. It'd be worse if it wasn't pretty chilly here.
    I never checked on my S4 but I really don't think it got so hot, since the battery was smaller I guess.
    FWIW, on my Droid Maxx, the last couple of times that I have Qi charged overnight, the temp maxed out at 93F. Overnight cable charging, the phone actually cooled from 92 when I plugged it in and dropped dramatically while charging, finally levelling down to 68F when it reached full charge.
    12-13-2014 02:39 PM
    I dunno what mine is doing but I'd classify Qi right now as "buggy".
    12-13-2014 07:09 PM
    I had the same problem With Qi and had to clear cache etc. I never had a problem on the MAXX has to be a software bug . I, like Snareman want the convenience of Qi.
    12-13-2014 08:04 PM
    I had the same problem after Wireless charging since day one. This was a few weeks ago, finally factory reset, cleared cache and only charging wired via the Turbo charger fixed it. I hope a software update comes for it, wireless charging is really convenient.
    12-13-2014 08:19 PM
    Is anyone still experiencing this problem? I would like to go back to wireless charging because it's so easy, but I don't want the crazy battery stats problem.
    02-01-2015 04:53 PM
    Is anyone still experiencing this problem? I would like to go back to wireless charging because it's so easy, but I don't want the crazy battery stats problem.
    No problem whatever with my Tylt or a QI Infinty brand I gave as a gift to a relative with a turbo.
    02-01-2015 05:13 PM
    I'm biting the bullet. Ordered a tylt qi charger to replace the Cho pad charger. Maybe lollipop fixed things. Should be here this week. I'll report back.
    07-20-2015 08:42 PM
    Tylt arrived today. Will use it this evening. Fingers crossed.
    07-23-2015 03:33 PM
    I have the Choe three coil pad as well and have had the charging problems on both KK and LP. Haven't gotten the Tylt as I want a flat pad on my nightstand not something standing up. I got my wife a Choe and it works fine with her Droid Maxx.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2015 05:24 PM
    I have the Cho pad and had problems so I went back to wired but I really want the wireless charging to work. Heard others have had good luck with Tylt so giving it a go.
    07-23-2015 06:09 PM
    I would love the wireless charging to work as well but I don't want to keep spending money on different Qi chargers and hoping they will work only to find out they don't. :-(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2015 08:00 PM
    I can guarantee the upright wireless charger in the display area at the Verizon stores sold with the Turbo works perfectly as I have one.
    07-23-2015 09:24 PM
    Well, so far so good. Used the Tylt last night. No problems with alignment to get it charging. Just stand it up and it (Droid) beeps and the target symbol appears with the current charge and it starts. I wanted to use the Turbo as a night clock so downloaded the "Dock Clock" app. Seems to work ok. Will have to fine tune the intensity and also the color of the clock display. Right now I just want the clock not the weather part and date part. There's options for these so selected the clock. Anyway, the Droid charged up and seems to be working ok. Got home from work and it was down to about 75%. Have to wait and see if there is any wonky behaviour in the future. I'll be back.
    07-24-2015 04:45 PM
    I have used the Nokia DT-900 and DT-910 chargers with my DT with great success. I picked them up for around $15 each on ebay a year or so ago.
    07-25-2015 02:28 PM
    Day 2 of tylt charging and everything seems normal. Fingers crossed. Now I have to adjust intensity of Dock Clock.
    07-25-2015 02:41 PM
    I have a iottie wireless car dock and it always messes my phone up. It eventually freezes and has to be soft reset. Now I just use it to hold the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2015 12:06 AM
    The Tylt wireless charging has been working. It is really convenient to just drop the phone on the stand at night and let it charge plus the Dock Clock is nice to have. Don't know if it's me or what but when I charge and have Dock Clock not only do you see the clock but the "home, back and menu" buttons on the Droid are illuminated. No biggie. Ok, pretty sure it's not the Tylt but I'm getting fantastic battery life...like 2 days. I'd guess it's LP. Whatever, it's nice. Took the Droid off the charger at 0630 and home at 1700 with 78% remaining. I'm not a power user. About an hour on the commute listening to an audio book and a couple of calls and texts during the day. Whatever, I'm pretty happy.
    07-28-2015 04:03 PM
46 12