Why won't my Droid Turbo pair with my tablets?

jdmarinettewi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok, odd issue... My droid turbo will pair/connect with my Sony boombox and my Ford Sync system successfully. However it will not connect to my Xoom tablet or my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. They pair together just fine and show as paired, but they will not connect. I tap on the device and it says connecting for a brief second and then just stops attempting. I assume its not my tablets because my RAZR Maxx will pair and connect to them with no problem. Also everything is updated and yes Bluetooth is on with WiFi off...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phones and tablets usually have only server profiles (I never heard that the RAZR Maxx has a client profile, but live and learn), and a server won't connect to a server. Boom boxes and car sound systems have client profiles, so they'll connect to servers. To connect to your tabs you'll need a Bluetooth connection app - which one depends on what you want the connection for, sound streaming, file transfer, etc.

jdmarinettewi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I guess that all makes sense but I'm sure was able to with the Maxx...
Ok here's the situation, I'm traveling, I have my Verizon Droid Turbo and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ( Wi Fi only) mounted in my Jeep running my vehicle programmer and all my tunes piped into my stereo. I want to hear a song, so I download a song via my Turbo, if I can't send it via Bluetooth , how can I get it to my tablet??? Yes, I could plug in my phone, but thats not the point LoL. I swear I did this from the Maxx...

Also keep in mind, I'm not an internal tech type person here LoL, but I've got plug and play down pat. :)

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
You sure you weren't using your Maxx as a wifi hotspot and connecting the tablets to them for internet access?
Not saying you didn't do some bluetooth voodoo, just a new one on me.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess that all makes sense but I'm sure was able to with the Maxx...
Ok here's the situation, I'm traveling, I have my Verizon Droid Turbo and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ( Wi Fi only) mounted in my Jeep running my vehicle programmer and all my tunes piped into my stereo. I want to hear a song, so I download a song via my Turbo, if I can't send it via Bluetooth , how can I get it to my tablet??? Yes, I could plug in my phone, but thats not the point LoL. I swear I did this from the Maxx...

Also keep in mind, I'm not an internal tech type person here LoL, but I've got plug and play down pat. :)
Make the turbo a hot spot and just download on the tablet?