Turbo experience

jldanaher77

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has been answered already but here goes. I understand that the Turbo is "near pure android" but still not "pure". My question is due to this fact are you still happy with your choice of phone or wish you had waited for a "pure android"? Does the added on Moto stuff take away from the experience you would get if you had bought a pure android? What is the biggest difference you see in "near pure" vs. "pure"?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The Moto stuff is very useful, but at the same time it's pretty much transparent to the user. It's not overbearing like Samsungs (admittedly improving) Touchwiz overlay. For instance the breathing notifications are awesome and much more informative than a blinking LED. Other small additions like quiet times are very nice to have, customizable, and stay out of your way unless you set them up. In all Moto has improved Android in some areas that were somewhat lacking, and left it alone everywhere else.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Heck yes I'm happy with my choice! What takes away from the 'pure' experience is the bloat that VZW put on there (includes Amazon apps, Slacker radio, etc), which is actuality is not a big deal. It's not really overbearing and doesn't really get in the way. And people may actually find some of those apps useful.

However, the bloat is definitely an annoyance in general that takes up some space and requires a bit of time to sort through to disable - again, not a big deal (as some critics want us to believe). Thing is, this phone is so fast, even if you don't disable those apps, it's not really going to impact performance in terms of lag.

The Moto additions enhance functionality for most people. I think that all of them (Voice, Display, Assist, Actions) can be very useful. This is what I prefer in a phone: near-stock Android with a couple of additions IF they are truly helpful, don't get in your way, and are relatively light on resources.

Currently, the Nexus 6 is the only top of the line smartphone that has a pure Android experience and you don't hear about other 'pure' phones coming out anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835