That is, which of these two would you prefer for your Droid Turbo:

1. Lollipop 5.0 before Christmas, with no word about when 5.0.1 would arrive, or
    2. Lollipop 5.0.1 by mid January

Obviously I want 5.0.1 yesterday, and I'm hoping for it by 12/31 but not sure at this point how realistic that is. Like some have speculated, if Lollipop were ready or close to it, you'd think they'd roll it out together with the current update this week.

But I'm on a bit of an 'update high' from gaining VoLTE and feeling good, so I'm posing this wacky hypothetical because I want to know what everyone's choice would be between instant vs delayed gratification. Get most of what we want ASAP and take a chance in putting up with some possible headaches for awhile, or wait longer for some bug fixes?
    12-12-2014 12:04 AM
    I wouldn't mind if Motorola could do an actual soak test on it for us crazy people who want it now and are willing to be guinea pigs. Hell, my wife has a Turbo and she got the Advanced Calling update this afternoon. I don't consider one night much of a soak test, but that is how Motorola has always done it.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop
    12-12-2014 01:00 AM
    Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away. Seriously I think we will see it sometime in January.
    12-12-2014 08:40 AM
    I wouldn't mind if Motorola could do an actual soak test on it for us crazy people who want it now and are willing to be guinea pigs. Hell, my wife has a Turbo and she got the Advanced Calling update this afternoon. I don't consider one night much of a soak test, but that is how Motorola has always done it.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop
    If you want to be part of the soak test, signup to their forum: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home

This latest update seems to have improved battery life for me, I'm pretty happy with the phone as is now. I'll happily wait a month if that mean more bugs are fixed in lollipop before we get it.
    12-12-2014 09:39 AM
    I doubt there will be a 5.0 release. It will be 5.01 or 5.02, or whatever 5.0 release is the current 5.0 release. On my Nexus 7 I never got the 5.0 release, just 5.0.1.
    12-12-2014 10:09 AM
    I have Lollipo on my Moto X. This makes me want it on my Turbo two weeks ago
    12-12-2014 10:10 AM
    Out of the above choices, I would pick #2. I can stand to wait longer for a more polished product. But now I've been reading some posters thinking it might not be until Feb. Noooooooo... But who really knows at this point.

I've been conditioning myself to just be happy with what we got - and actually in going through the VoLTE update threads, I've been pleasantly surprised at how this update gave us more than expected.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    12-12-2014 11:09 PM
    Xmas morning would be nice, but I don't want to rush it. I don't want to have issues and frustration that could have been avoided by just being patient a little bit longer. But, if another phone comes out with lollipop before the turbo.... I'm gonna be pissed and feel disrespected by Motorola. If I bought your hot **** phone the least you can do is put the hot **** OP system in it.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk
    12-13-2014 04:17 AM
    The only thing I want for my Turbo is the wifi hotspot without paying V twice for it. All else is fine with me as it is.
    12-13-2014 10:57 AM
    All I want for Christmas is my Lollipop!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-18-2014 01:59 AM
    Xmas morning would be nice, but I don't want to rush it. I don't want to have issues and frustration that could have been avoided by just being patient a little bit longer. But, if another phone comes out with lollipop before the turbo.... I'm gonna be pissed and feel disrespected by Motorola. If I bought your hot **** phone the least you can do is put the hot **** OP system in it.

They'd never do a rollout on a holiday. Imagine if something went wrong and your phone didn't work and there wasn't any tech support. That'd be a major PR nightmare.

I just read today that Google might release 5.1 by February. I'd be okay with them skipping over an update or two to get a reliable build from the jump. But that's just me. I got Lollipop on my Nexus 7 the other day and I'm not that impressed. It's draining my N7's battery faster than KK did. After the Advanced Calling update for the DT, my battery is about back to what I had pre KK on my Maxx. So I'd rather they hold off until they make sure it's not going to be a detrimental experience.
    HappyFunBall24 likes this.
    12-18-2014 04:05 AM
    They'd never do a rollout on a holiday. Imagine if something went wrong and your phone didn't work and there wasn't any tech support. That'd be a major PR nightmare.

I just read today that Google might release 5.1 by February. I'd be okay with them skipping over an update or two to get a reliable build from the jump. But that's just me. I got Lollipop on my Nexus 7 the other day and I'm not that impressed. It's draining my N7's battery faster than KK did. After the Advanced Calling update for the DT, my battery is about back to what I had pre KK on my Maxx. So I'd rather they hold off until they make sure it's not going to be a detrimental experience.
    I agree with you, thanks for the post.

12-18-2014 06:40 AM
    So I'd rather they hold off until they make sure it's not going to be a detrimental experience.
    I'm with you 100%...I am very happy with the latest update, I've noticed an improvement in battery life and like the HD calling features. So when Lollipop gets pushed out to the Turbo, I want it to be a working update that isn't going to ruin the awesome experience I have had so far with my Turbo.

12-18-2014 09:17 AM
    Agree with everyone's patience above. Let's get a stable update, whether it's 5.1 or 5.29812045, so that some fine folks can hurry up and claim that xda bounty to 'Root this thing by Spring!' - that may just become my new rallying cry, heh.
    12-18-2014 09:45 AM
    When it is ready. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet isn't slated to get Lollipop until early next year, and that came out in August. I'm fine with waiting.
    12-18-2014 10:47 AM
    I am willing to wait until it's bug free..

12-18-2014 11:34 AM
    I am happy with the Turbo the way it is, does all I want to do. I don't really care if I ever get Lollipop TBH.
    No pun intended, buy the Lollipop upgrade seems to be licked before it is released.
    12-18-2014 02:38 PM
    If there aren't any camera shutter lag improvements then I'm not sure it really matters to me when it comes out

anon(9227267) likes this.
    12-18-2014 03:36 PM
    When it is ready.
    12-18-2014 04:06 PM