Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Screen during and after a phone call using headset...?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Came from S4 and love the Droid Turbo. Still feeling my way around. One thing I've noticed is an issue when I'm using the phone via bluetooth or wired headset for calls. In my office I use bluetooth or wired headset and the screen will go black during the call after the timeout time hits, but lots of times I need to access email or something during the call ... So how do you turn the screen back on? On S4 you just hit the button at the bottom but since these aren't true "push buttons" nothing happens.

Same thing happens when ending a call that on a headset when they screen is black - how do you hang up?? I've been waiting and letting other person hang up. The " approach the screen motion" doesn't seem to wake it up during a call.

Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen during and after a phone call using headset...?

The screen should wake up if you tap the power button. And if you press the BT headset button during a call it should hang up.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Welcome, and great phone choice! ;) Pressing the power button brings up the screen. You can then go to the notifications bar to quickly hang up, if the dialer is not already on screen. (EDIT: I'm slow on the draw, beaten to the punch again!)

Last edited:

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. Yeah, can hangup via bluetooth button, no problem.

Just figured out pushing the side power button. So just now was on call, had to reach around to side and push that in to wake up - inconvenient button to push for sure. That's annoying oversight. Especially the part about being on a call and needing to wake it up to look for something. Much easier to mash a button down while its laying there than to have to grab both sides and basically pick it up to be able to push it... 1st world problems huh lol

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried waking up my screen, after being on hold for 23 minutes, by hitting the power button. The call immediately ended.
That is an option in settings. By default, the phone is set to wake screen via power button but can be changed to hang up.