02-18-2015 09:40 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    How do you mean "forbid?" I realize the prediction can be sort of wonky sometimes, but I haven't ever had a word I couldn't get through.

Guessing here, but perhaps it keeps auto-"correcting" when you hit space to go to the next word? No mattter how many times you go back and type the word? In that case, once you finish typing the word and ensure you have it spelled correctly, and BEFORE you hit the space or punctuation keys, tap the word as you typed it in the predictions selections above the keyboard. That adds it to your personal dictionary and will recognize it then and in the future.

The flip side of this is that you can long press any word in the predicitions to no longer have it suggested (for excample if you saved a typo or misspelled someone's name previously).

I tried really hard to get going with Fleksy because I like the BlackBerry style layout that only it (and BlackBerry) seem to provide. I even uninstalled SwiftKey and paid for Fleksy...still only lasted a few days on Fleksy. Back on SwiftKey. Again.
    You guessed right. It is absolutely infuriating to keep trying to type in a name or word over and over. And it will do this every time it encounters an unknown name/word? I really did like it at first....

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 05:07 PM
    Auto correct on SwiftKey just drove me back to the playstore. Although the keyboard is far superior to Google, Swiftkey will occasionally forbid me from typing certain words, names. Unacceptable. How is this okay for anyone?
    There are always three suggested words above the keyboard as you type, and the one on the left is exactly what you type. Tap that and it will put in your typing and learn it as a word for the next time you type it.
    01-01-2015 05:56 PM
    SwiftKey

01-01-2015 06:24 PM
    I tried using swiftkey for almost a full day, but it just didn't like my swyping technique which is my preferred input method. My fingers seem to be more tuned to the google keyboard (or vice versa), and I get much better results from it. I'm actually a FlexT9 fan, even though it's been unsupported for years, but when I got the Turbo, I decided not to install FlexT9, and have been happy with the default goggle keyboard, which was quite a surprise for me.

But still, props to FlexT9, and RIP.
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-01-2015 06:51 PM
    You guessed right. It is absolutely infuriating to keep trying to type in a name or word over and over. And it will do this every time it encounters an unknown name/word? I really did like it at first....

Then all you had to do is tap the word in the predictions before you hit space or a punctuation key. Problem solved.
    01-01-2015 07:52 PM
    +1 SwiftKey
    01-01-2015 07:53 PM
    There are always three suggested words above the keyboard as you type, and the one on the left is exactly what you type. Tap that and it will put in your typing and learn it as a word for the next time you type it.
    And for his specific complaint, for that time, as well.
    01-01-2015 07:55 PM
    No mattter how many times you go back and type the word? In that case, once you finish typing the word and ensure you have it spelled correctly, and BEFORE you hit the space or punctuation keys, tap the word as you typed it in the predictions selections above the keyboard. That adds it to your personal dictionary and will recognize it then and in the future.

The flip side of this is that you can long press any word in the predicitions to no longer have it suggested (for excample if you saved a typo or misspelled someone's name previously).

Didn't know this. Always wanted a personal dictionary and here it was.

KPMcClave likes this.
    01-02-2015 02:59 AM
    Coming from an amputee (right hand) I absolutely love Swiftkey! I type one handed exclusively and it lets me transition the keyboard for my left hand, even letting me resize to make it less of a "reach" for my thumb. And i have rather smallish hands, using a Droid Turbo WITH a Pure gear case. 2 thumbs up if i could ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ i would!
    KPMcClave and dmark44 like this.
    01-02-2015 03:53 AM
    I also have tried it, but just can't get the hang of it
    01-02-2015 04:00 AM
    I don't Swype cause not understant
    01-02-2015 04:07 AM
    Alright, giving it another shot. Thanks for the input.

KPMcClave likes this.
    01-02-2015 07:59 PM
    SwiftKey

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk
    D._Manley likes this.
    01-03-2015 12:50 PM
    Flesky is the best

02-09-2015 01:13 AM
    SwiftKey all the way!
    D._Manley likes this.
    02-09-2015 08:09 AM
    SwiftKey FTW!
    02-09-2015 09:13 AM
    I love Google Keyboard, but I wish that you didn't have to turn your ringer volume up the whole way to hear the keyboard sounds. Anyone know of a replacement that has sounds governed by the media volume?
    02-09-2015 09:40 AM
    Swype has always had the best predictions for me. The latest update has resolved the long-standing lag in some input boxes, and it's working really well now. I used Swiftkey during the time I was waiting for Swype to get fixed; it is decent, but I can never get over the fact that there is always an extra space after everything I type.
    dmark44 likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:23 PM
    I wish swype had emojis ...

dmark44 likes this.
    02-11-2015 08:15 PM
    Swiftkey sucks. I will never get past the fact that you cannot quickly text what you want how you want. Their corrections are aggressive and cannot be turned off. I am a speed texter and swiftkey is not nearly swift enuf. Verrrry slow texting with "swift"key.

02-11-2015 08:19 PM
    Just downloaded hackers keyboard and I love it. Someone tell me what I'm missing. There has to be something wrong with it.

02-11-2015 08:52 PM
    Swiftkey sucks. I will never get past the fact that you cannot quickly text what you want how you want. Their corrections are aggressive and cannot be turned off.
    Swiftkey settings, advanced, spacebar completion mode, "always insert a space".
    Billy Bixby and hannsoft like this.
    02-11-2015 09:53 PM
    One more for Swiftkey!
    02-12-2015 07:52 AM
    Google Keyboard interprets my swyping better than anything else out there, and I have gone back and forth more than once. It's definitely a personal preference.
    dmark44 and jesta192 like this.
    02-12-2015 09:57 AM
    Swiftkey settings, advanced, spacebar completion mode, "always insert a space".
    Wow. I'm an *****. Back to swiftkey..

02-12-2015 07:41 PM
101 ... 2345