Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Stock keyboard or SwiftKey?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
What are you guys using? I e used SwiftKey forever but gave the stock Google one a shot and really liked it.

Only reason I put the SwiftKey back on was the #'s on top row and I like the question mark option on the "." key where you can swipe to the right and get a "?"

M

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stock keyboard or SwiftKey?

I don't swipe (I've tried it, but just can't get the hang of it), but I use Swiftkey without the number row on top (I can long-press a key easily enough). I can make do with the stock keyboard if I have to, but I'm more comfortable with Swiftkey - know where all the long-press characters are, the spacing of the keys, etc.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been using Swype since it's beta days and now use the paid version. I set up my wife with the google KB on her Maxx. I'm so used to "swyping" that it find it hard to peck on a normal KB. :D

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Big Swiftkey fan. Lots of customization, including all of the sizing and style options and the aforementioned number row. I also think that their word predictions are better, but that could be bias talking.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been very pleased with SwiftKey for several years now.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I am the rare person that actually prefers Google Keyboard (stock). It just works well, great auto correct and I love the key positioning.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I don't Swype either. I turned it off in case my finger accidentally slides across the keyboard.

For all you SwiftKey guys, how is it the paid version themes, if you've used?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I've never had any need to look any further than Swiftkey. I love its number row, auto-correct, intuitive learning and swyping when I chose. There may be better options but I've never had the need to look. It's not just its autocorrect, but its intuitive learning of my writing style and memory of past words and phrases that I use.

Billy Bixby

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Search "google keyboard number row" You can play with the settings and have numbers in top row of keyboard.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I don't Swype either. I turned it off in case my finger accidentally slides across the keyboard.

For all you SwiftKey guys, how is it the paid version themes, if you've used?

They have, a lot of great options for the theme of the keyboard to match your them of your phone. I think, that it's worth taking a look at it.

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I use SwiftKey. I like the number row and easy symbol access. I coach track and text or type a lot of times/distances so quick access to : and - are very handy. The learning is great to as I don't have to type out whole words. The swiping works well too when one handed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

SwiftKey all the way here. When I got my first Android a year and a half ago, I came from 7 years of BlackBerry physical keyboards on various models. Nothing compares to that as a typing experience, but SwiftKey is the best for me for typing on glass.

I've tried other options (Fleksy, etc.) along the way just to compare, and always wind up back with SwiftKey quickly.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

I've been using Swype since the beta days as well. I've tried many others, including swiftkey, but keep coming back to Swype. Only thing I wish it had is an arrow row, but long pressing to get to it isn't a deal breaker

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I really like Minuum keyboard, been using this past year exclusively

sent turbo fast

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I've been using Swype since the beta days as well. I've tried many others, including swiftkey, but keep coming back to Swype. Only thing I wish it had is an arrow row, but long pressing to get to it isn't a deal breaker

Thanks for reminding me. That's another huge plus for Swiftkey

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've used and loved Swype since it's beta days, but got frustrated over its lack of emojis, so when I got my Turbo I tried, the standard keyboard and find it astonishingly just as good for me as Swype was. I've got it set up to convert to a version with a dedicated number row when I need it, which I couldn't do with Swype.

Posted via the Turbo

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I am addicted to SwiftKey keyboard or I am also in their beta testing so my alternate is SwiftKey Beta

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back