Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Stock keyboard or SwiftKey?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stock keyboard or SwiftKey?

I am addicted to SwiftKey keyboard or I am also in their beta testing so my alternate is SwiftKey Beta

I wish they didn't have a separate installation for the Beta version. Especially since SwiftKey's Beta has had some genuine cool features to test out in advance. That SwiftKey and Chrome do this bugs me. My phone already has enough "extra" stuff without carrying two versions of big apps.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Search "google keyboard number row" You can play with the settings and have numbers in top row of keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App
I did this, and the implementation was rather painful. I don't use swiftkey (presently), so I can't compare their numbers row to the implementation in the goggle keyboard, but the google implementation was definitely not for me, and based on other user's remarks, that seems to be the general consensus.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am a SwiftKey user, it's been a few years now and I have tried others but I always come back, now on my nexus 7 I do not like SwiftKey for tablets, using the Google keyboard set pc style. In this configuration the numbers are on the top row.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm using AI.TYPE KEYBOARD Plus . A lot of different themes plus you can use your own back grounds .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-11-32-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-11-32-20.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 183

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Swiftkey, dedicated number row (you can tap the number "123" key if you want the standard number keypad), and always on curser arrows if you choose that set up. "Tell me Michael, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?" Oops, wrong movie.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I use SwiftKey. I like the number row and easy symbol access. I coach track and text or type a lot of times/distances so quick access to : and - are very handy. The learning is great to as I don't have to type out whole words. The swiping works well too when one handed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Amen on using the alternate symbols by long pressing. I've set the long press duration to a short time, 200 ms I think it is, so you don't have to hold it down long. Makes having to switch to the 123 page virtually non existent.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey... Hands down the best keyboard I have used, especially with its predictions. Also how it learns what you type and to who you type to makes it extremely user friendly.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I am the rare person that actually prefers Google Keyboard (stock). It just works well, great auto correct and I love the key positioning.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Nope, not the only one....seems I can only use Swype on it though to get any accuracy at all. But, I played with the settings, and set it to 'Holo Blue' instead of 'Material Blue' and it now shows buttons which seems to help immensely. Especially with word correction and prediction....

bcrit

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I started using AI. TYPE KEYBOARD PLUS today too. So far it's my favorite, and I've checked out quite a few, but I'm trying too figure out how to configure it so the bottom row will have a period to the right of the space bar, a comma to the left of the spacebar AND a voice-to-text icon as well (a question mark would be nice too but I could long-press for that). I've tried a number of combinations and can't seem to get that configuration. Your thoughts, 1Coopgt?

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I've tried several different keyboards including Swiftkey and I prefer Dodol Keyboard. I've been reading everything in this thread that you all are saying the different keyboards do or what you wish they could do and I believe Dodol can be configured to do it all.

Ping Man

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Used SwiftKey for years but the sound and look started to bother me. Went back to Google stock and really like. Just downloaded Fleksy and absolutely love it. Once you get the hang of its unique features and gestures is is really fast. And I love the way it sounds and looks.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've tried several different keyboards including Swiftkey and I prefer Dodol Keyboard. I've been reading everything in this thread that you all are saying the different keyboards do or what you wish they could do and I believe Dodol can be configured to do it all.

I googled imaged and didn't see dedicated cursor arrows. Could you post a screen shot showing number rows and dedicated arrows with the main keyboard?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I use hacker's keyboard. I like the arrow keys and the Ctrl and Alt keys.
In a terminal, yes. You can't use any of the other keyboards when you're talking to Linux. (How can you operate without a Ctrl key? It's like a car without a steering wheel.)

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I've been using Swype since the beta days as well. I've tried many others, including swiftkey, but keep coming back to Swype. Only thing I wish it had is an arrow row, but long pressing to get to it isn't a deal breaker

To get an arrow row, hold and slide from the finger (lower left) to the key to the right.
To get a number pad, hold and slide the finger to the letter "t"

Posted via Android Central App

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

To get an arrow row, hold and slide from the finger (lower left) to the key to the right.
To get a number pad, hold and slide the finger to the letter "t"

Posted via Android Central App

Haven't used Swype in a while. Does these actions just bring up a number pad or arrows, or does it actually create them permanently, as in the Swifkey pic above, in which they are always present with no additional action needed.