Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Stock keyboard or SwiftKey?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There are always three suggested words above the keyboard as you type, and the one on the left is exactly what you type. Tap that and it will put in your typing and learn it as a word for the next time you type it.

And for his specific complaint, for that time, as well.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
No mattter how many times you go back and type the word? In that case, once you finish typing the word and ensure you have it spelled correctly, and BEFORE you hit the space or punctuation keys, tap the word as you typed it in the predictions selections above the keyboard. That adds it to your personal dictionary and will recognize it then and in the future.

The flip side of this is that you can long press any word in the predicitions to no longer have it suggested (for excample if you saved a typo or misspelled someone's name previously).

Didn't know this. Always wanted a personal dictionary and here it was.

Posted via the Android Central App

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Coming from an amputee (right hand) I absolutely love Swiftkey! I type one handed exclusively and it lets me transition the keyboard for my left hand, even letting me resize to make it less of a "reach" for my thumb. And i have rather smallish hands, using a Droid Turbo WITH a Pure gear case. 2 thumbs up if i could 😜😝 i would!

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I love Google Keyboard, but I wish that you didn't have to turn your ringer volume up the whole way to hear the keyboard sounds. Anyone know of a replacement that has sounds governed by the media volume?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Swype has always had the best predictions for me. The latest update has resolved the long-standing lag in some input boxes, and it's working really well now. I used Swiftkey during the time I was waiting for Swype to get fixed; it is decent, but I can never get over the fact that there is always an extra space after everything I type.

Billy Bixby

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey sucks. I will never get past the fact that you cannot quickly text what you want how you want. Their corrections are aggressive and cannot be turned off. I am a speed texter and swiftkey is not nearly swift enuf. Verrrry slow texting with "swift"key.

Billy Bixby

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Just downloaded hackers keyboard and I love it. Someone tell me what I'm missing. There has to be something wrong with it.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Google Keyboard interprets my swyping better than anything else out there, and I have gone back and forth more than once. It's definitely a personal preference.