Wondering what experiences people have had with different screen protectors on their Turbos? I'm not sure what the main difference is between "standard" ones (ie-ones that come in matte, clear hd, etc) vs "tempered glass" and whether the price difference is worth it, but I'm mainly looking for a thin, clear HD version for my Turbo.

I've tried the xtreme guard HD one and had to return it as I was not pleased. Also read reviews on xtreme guard's tempered glass one and how it bubbles/doesn't fully fit and leaves edges exposed/leaves a halo effect so wondering what other people have tried. Can't seem to find too many companies/brands out there but so far I've found "supershieldz," "mr shield," (haven't heard of those two before), and skinomi. Not a fan of wet installs so didn't try skinomi and the reviews I've looked at for SS and Mr Shield seem to infer it leaves edges exposed and is not custom fit for Turbo. In the past I've used tech armor and been pleased with results but they haven't put anything out for the Turbo.

Thoughts?
    12-14-2014 12:10 PM
    Ghost armor. It will cost you 30 bucks or so but has a nice warranty. I am a hack at diy protectors, so this takes user error out of the equation as they install it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2014 07:09 PM
    Ghost armor. It will cost you 30 bucks or so but has a nice warranty. I am a hack at diy protectors, so this takes user error out of the equation as they install it.
    Thanks but not a fan of wet installs (don't see benefit) so I'm looking for "dry install" only items
    12-14-2014 07:41 PM
    I even have trouble with the dry ones as I can never get all the dust out. I've also found they scratch up prettty quick but that's okay since I know my screen is staying sharp. That said, I've always bought the 3 pack from Verizon and let them put them on and they pretty much come out perfect.
    12-14-2014 08:03 PM
    I installed XtremeGuard on my Turbo. Easy to install and provides great screen protection. This is similar to the ZAGG protectors, but very inexpensive. I plan to pop out my Otterbox Defender screen protector and snap on the Otterbox plastic shell over the XtremeGuard.
    12-14-2014 10:09 PM
    I tried the extremeguard and I wasnt too thrilled about how it left space all around. It also didn't come with any kind of cleaning cloth which seems standard (to include it) for other companies
    12-15-2014 07:55 PM
    I bought the liquid install XtremeGuard. They normally just come in an envelope. The Droid Turbo version did not come with an install cloth, the ones I have bought before, have had one in envelope. No biggie for me though. I have lots of microfiber cloths around the house.
    The Turbo protector does reach the edges of the screen, not sure what you are talking about. Perhaps he dry install doesn't, but I don't have he dry. Here is a picture:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-15-2014 08:16 PM
    iVoler tempered glass fits perfectly. No halo effect at all. Very thin and great feel. Highly recommend. Better than the Verizon flexiglass and extreme guard.
    ckelly33 likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:37 PM
    iVoler tempered glass fits perfectly. No halo effect at all. Very thin and great feel. Highly recommend. Better than the Verizon flexiglass and extreme guard.
    Did you get the .2 or. 3 mm?

12-15-2014 09:46 PM
    0.2mm
    12-15-2014 11:07 PM
    I installed one. I'll give it a few days but I'm having worse haloing and lift at the bottom then on my spartan glass.
    12-16-2014 06:43 PM
    I've had good luck with the Zagg screen protectors on various devices, and was waiting for ZAGG to put one on their website for me to order. On a whim, I went to one of those mall kiosks that carry ZAGG products, and discovered that they now have a blank roll of film (of their various screen protector materials) and can cut you a screen protector on the spot. From my point of view, I'd rather have it installed by someone that does hundreds of these a day instead of me, who does one a year or so. So I now have a ZAGG protector before the web site shows it exists.

I kinda wondered why it took them so long to come up with the "cut to order" model. Seems like a no-brainer.

FWIW, this is a machine that cuts the film - not a guy with scissors.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    12-19-2014 11:58 AM
    I've had good luck with the Zagg screen protectors on various devices, and was waiting for ZAGG to put one on their website for me to order. On a whim, I went to one of those mall kiosks that carry ZAGG products, and discovered that they now have a blank roll of film (of their various screen protector materials) and can cut you a screen protector on the spot. From my point of view, I'd rather have it installed by someone that does hundreds of these a day instead of me, who does one a year or so. So I now have a ZAGG protector before the web site shows it exists.

I kinda wondered why it took them so long to come up with the "cut to order" model. Seems like a no-brainer.

FWIW, this is a machine that cuts the film - not a guy with scissors.
    How much did they charge?

12-19-2014 01:26 PM
    Just installed my XtremeGuard wet install. Fits exact. The dry install screen protectors are usually garbage (XtremeGuard HD). The wet install is basically the ZAGG/Invisible Shield but for $1.99 (on eBay). Crystal clear screen (it is not mat), wet installs have zero bubbles. These are great for people who don't like micro scratches from keys, etc because it self heals. I originally wanted a tempered glass protector I heard bad things about the XtremeGuard Spartan Tempered Glass so I will wait a few weeks to see what other tempered glass comes out in that time and decide then. I just needed something quick and cheap.

Cliffs: $1.99 on eBay for the best screen protector that is not tempered glass.
    12-27-2014 12:24 AM
    teeitupmo#WN what case do you have on your turbo? The screen protector looks great also. May have to try the wet one. Tried 2 types of glass ones and they haven't worked out.
    12-27-2014 02:24 AM
    The case I use mostly is the Incipio Dual Pro, which is what you see in the picture. I am waiting on VZW to get the Tech21 cases back in stock. I use Tech21 Check cases on my iPhone 6 and 6Plus, they are great and love them.
    12-27-2014 08:43 AM
    I think it was about 30 bucks, but I can't find the receipt. As I recall, it was the same price as you'd find it on the web, plus ten bucks to install it.

How much did they charge?
    12-27-2014 12:54 PM
    What case it that
    12-27-2014 04:43 PM
    where can I find the "Ghost Armor" screen protector for Droid Turbo?
    You said it was the best but I can't find it anywhere/

Lane
    06-09-2015 10:41 AM
    Don't know if I wrote on the right reply but I'll try again. Was wondering where you get the Ghost armor for Droid Turbo?
    I have search the internet and can't find it. Please help.
    06-09-2015 10:51 AM
    Don't know if I wrote on the right reply but I'll try again. Was wondering where you get the Ghost armor for Droid Turbo?
    I have search the internet and can't find it. Please help.
    A google search led me to this location: Ghost Armor | Motorola Droid Turbo - Motorola - Phones Screen Protectors Scratchproof Skins

Good luck.
    06-09-2015 11:14 AM
    iVoler is terrible. I mean, if it works, it is nice, but it is so cheaply made. The first one I got went on nice and smooth -- and I am VERY meticulous about doing things to electronics -- but quickly cracked for no reason as I take care of my phone. It was like a rock hit it, but there were no rocks to hit it.

I contacted customer support. I don't know what country it is located in but the structure of the sentences written in English couldn't be any worse than what they were.

They sent a replacement. Same meticulous process I've used for years to apply protectors. This one was a complete mess and I had to take it off.

I wrote back for another replacement and they took days to reply in broken English that they would replace it again. But by that point, I said forget it and just paid $20 at Verizon for one and it works just fine.

When it applies correctly, iVoler looks nice. But the durability and customer service both leave much to be desired, and so I would recommend somebody else. In this case, paying a little more to Verizon for its version, and escaping the hassle of Tue broken English and waiting for the mail game, was the better route.

06-11-2015 12:06 PM
    I installed XtremeGuard on my Turbo. Easy to install and provides great screen protection. This is similar to the ZAGG protectors, but very inexpensive. I plan to pop out my Otterbox Defender screen protector and snap on the Otterbox plastic shell over the XtremeGuard.
    I did this too. The plastic screen protector of the Otterbox on top of an screen protector on top of the phone itself is overkill and doesn't always respond well to typing. I've had no issues since doing this and the rest of the phone is covered and protected.

06-11-2015 12:08 PM
    I'm happy w the quality of mine. Maybe you got a bad ivoler one?

06-11-2015 05:25 PM