I tried to read thru all 17 pages of the VOLTE updates thread but ended up going off on a tangent and forgot what I was even doing in that thread...heh heh.

What I did notice is that there is a recurrent theme re: hissing.
    Did someone isolate where that is coming from ie, what settings and more importantly how to eliminate it? Because the hissing issue sounds like horse puckey if its true.

Havent used Advanced calling but looks like the Face time equiv...no?

JF
    12-14-2014 02:16 PM
    FWIW, I noticed hissing too, but not when on bluetooth, which I use 99 percent of the time even when at home.
    12-14-2014 03:04 PM
    Have the Maxx... Hissing noise is the best way to describe a call that is not a volte call when you have volte enabled..

Experience it enough that is have shut off volte with my phone...

Posted via Android Central App
    12-14-2014 03:06 PM
    I have it as well. I'll have to see how annoying it is overtime. What does Verizon say about it? Was that the thing where they said to recognize that its 1.0 technology and there will have to be some expected lack of perfection?
    12-14-2014 03:11 PM
    If I were to guess, I'd say that Verizon is using an aggressive codec to compress the audio on calls that are not HD voice in order to make sure that there is enough bandwidth for concurrent data. We'll just have to wait for them to reduce the compression of that really is the case.

It's a new feature, so there are bound to be some growing pains for a bit.
    12-14-2014 09:37 PM
    Noticed voice privacy was on again after the update. I unchecked it but haven't had a call to test if that rectifies the hissing issue. I don't see the EQ settings any more under sound so don't know if they reverted as well.
    12-15-2014 05:18 AM
    I'm getting the "hissing" too, but it almost seems like over modulation. Stupid me, I didn't bother to turn down the volume during the cal last night to try and nail it down; unfortunately, those calls were the incoming artillery of family drama, so I only thought of that in retrospect.
    12-15-2014 06:57 AM
    Does the hissing go away with deactivating the HD calling.
    I havent updated 21.44.8 yet, so I cant test it.
    12-16-2014 12:32 AM
    I experienced the hissing sound on the 1st day of the update. I rebooted the phone and it has not occurred since the reboot.

DT 64GB Beast
    12-16-2014 12:40 AM
    Does the hissing go away with deactivating the HD calling.
    I havent updated 21.44.8 yet, so I cant test it.
    Yes, it will go away.

To those wondering - no, this isn't specifically a Droid Turbo issue. The Galaxy S5 has the same hissing.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    12-16-2014 06:20 AM
    I haven't had the hissing at all, but do get a funny sounding ring while I am waiting for the party I am calling to answer. This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes while I am waiting for the other party to answer the ringing sound I hear is distorted, or stops, starts multiple times real quickly. Not a big deal, but probably somehow related to VoLTE. I can live with that on some calls because the voice quality is excellent.
    12-16-2014 08:18 AM
    Call from my mom, in my house, from her S4 mini (VZW)= normal call quality
    Call to my dad, from my aunts house, to his StraightTalk (AT&T service) basic phone= tinny, hissing, horrible quality

Those are the only calls I've made since the update, and I'm not sure what the reason behind the quality of the second call is. Could be the fact that his phone is so basic and uses AT&T towers.
    12-16-2014 09:20 AM