My wife and I just got the Droid Turbo a couple of days ago, and I have noticed that sometimes she will send me a text message and I will not receive it, she will be able to receive ones that I send her. Then many hours later her text messages will come through.

The text messages she sends will say sent, I just wont get them for some time. But it isn't always the case, sometimes her messages will come right away.

This is rather annoying as we text each other a lot as she is hard of hearing and prefers to text rather than talk on the phone.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Shayne.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:48 AM
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Stuff like that is always frustrating. I suppose that you can call Verizon to ask tech support about it, but maybe rather than using text messaging you should think about doing Hangouts conversations instead? (Or Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp or whichever mobile messaging platform you may be comfortable using).

The only issue would be that those use mobile data to communicate, so if you're often out of data range (but can still get a phone signal) this would be an issue. But being in places where you are out of data range but can still text these days is extremely rare.
    12-15-2014 10:18 AM
    My wife and I just got the Droid Turbo a couple of days ago, and I have noticed that sometimes she will send me a text message and I will not receive it, she will be able to receive ones that I send her. Then many hours later her text messages will come through.

The text messages she sends will say sent, I just wont get them for some time. But it isn't always the case, sometimes her messages will come right away.

This is rather annoying as we text each other a lot as she is hard of hearing and prefers to text rather than talk on the phone.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Shayne.
    I have the same problem. All my text messages that I didn't receive (not all but some) the day before seems to arrive at about 4:40 am. I have just been to busy to stop and take a close look at it, I should be able too this weekend.

Update: vzw say it's was some forwarding thing that was on that delayed the messages. They said they turned it off and it should work fine.

But, wouldn't it affect all my messages if that was the case and not just the ones that sent to me at night??? Hmm I smell b...s...

We'll see....

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    12-16-2014 05:38 AM