This is from motorola's website:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9277
    Note that there's no mention of camera, so maybe the 'improvement' in shutter lag is all in our heads.

Voice over LTE (VoLTE) Enables Verizon’s Advanced Calling 1.0 service on 4G LTE networks with XLTE. This includes High Definition (HD) Voice to improve call quality, and video-calling between two Advanced Calling subscribers. You can also upgrade from an active voice call to a video call when both parties have the service enabled.

Simultaneous Voice & Data Enables an active cellular data connection during a voice call so that you can talk and use your data connection (browse the web, etc.) at the same time.

Bluetooth Fixes an issue that could cause the volume setting on a Bluetooth speaker to increase when a phone call interrupts a streaming audio session.

VZ Navigator Fixes an issue that could cause the audio volume of navigation instructions to be low.

Visual Voice Mail Closes a potential security vulnerability. Fixes an issue that prevented audio from playing to a Bluetooth car kit as well as one that could lead to a voicemail indicator when no messages remain on the server.

SoftCard Fixes issues with activation and a connection issue that could occur when Advanced Calling is enabled.

Network Experience Fixes an issue that could prevent proper switching from 3G to 4G LTE. Fixes issues that could trigger a dropped call, prevent a call from going through, show that no service is available or show that a SIM card is not inserted.

Charging Fixes an issue where it could appear that the device was not charging while connected to a charger.

Stability Fixes issues that could cause various applications to crash. Updated firmware fixes scenarios in which the display goes blank, the touch screen could be non-responsive, it appears that the phone is unresponsive or frozen, and an instance that could force a reboot.
    12-16-2014 12:08 PM
    Thanks, wow I don't know how everyone missed this, unless they just put it up. Well, maybe the shutter lag and some other things being reported in that other thread could fall under the 'stability' enhancements? Just the idea that, by improving other areas, somehow this was a positive side effect? No idea, but I do know that I and others have definitely noticed the reduced shutter lag so it doesn't look like just a placebo effect.
    12-16-2014 12:39 PM
    I've noticed the shutter is more responsive than before.
    12-16-2014 02:22 PM
    The shutter lag, idle battery drain, and WiFi signal have all improved for me since this update. I don't know why Moto didn't report these improvements, but I'm not the only one observing these things.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 10:30 AM
    ^^ Yeah, I think they must have specifically addressed those things. I'm not sure either why they wouldn't list all of the improvements. On the one hand, you would think that this is good PR for how well things are working now. But perhaps on the other hand they wanted to sweep that stuff under the rug and not bring more attention to how those particular issues shouldn't have been problems in the first place, ya!?
    12-17-2014 10:39 AM
    The shutter lag, idle battery drain, and WiFi signal have all improved for me since this update. I don't know why Moto didn't report these improvements, but I'm not the only one observing these things.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same crappy wifi here, same slow shutter, if the idle battery usage is any more or less I can't tell it (but a longish phone call yesterday absolutely
    slayed my battery I noticed).
    I'm as open to my having not had any real "problem" with those things in the first place as I am to the update somehow
    not fixing them for me.
    12-17-2014 11:04 AM
    Is anyone else got a google search sitting in the notifications area that you can't get rid of since the update? I try and keep that clear and keep items from showing up there, and after the OTA it's there and I can't get rid of it.
    12-17-2014 11:05 AM
    Is anyone else got a google search sitting in the notifications area that you can't get rid of since the update? I try and keep that clear and keep items from showing up there, and after the OTA it's there and I can't get rid of it.
    Nope, haven't seen anything like that after the OTA update.
    12-17-2014 01:06 PM