Can I block calls from a specific number?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Blocking Calls

Run your phone app. Go to the logs. Press the number you want to block (you have to have at least one call from it.) Press Menu (lower-left soft key). Press "Add to reject list".

Or you can use one of the free call blocking apps available on the Play Store. Some of them can even block patterns, like numbers starting with 800, 888, 877, etc.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Run your phone app. Go to the logs. Press the number you want to block (you have to have at least one call from it.) Press Menu (lower-left soft key). Press "Add to reject list".

Or you can use one of the free call blocking apps available on the Play Store. Some of them can even block patterns, like numbers starting with 800, 888, 877, etc.
Call blocker without a 3rd party app would be nice but I guess I'm missing something. I'm not seeing a call log merely the "Recents" with no way to get the options you mention. Is this something that needs to be enabled?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Rukbat, are you sure you are referring to the Turbo in your post? On my Turbo when I go to the call logs and press the number I want to block it calls that number. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press. Also not sure what is the lower left soft key. On the Turbo that is the back button. I have not been able to find a way to block calls on the Turbo except from the VZW website.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Rukbat, are you sure you are referring to the Turbo in your post? On my Turbo when I go to the call logs and press the number I want to block it calls that number. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press. Also not sure what is the lower left soft key. On the Turbo that is the back button. I have not been able to find a way to block calls on the Turbo except from the VZW website.
I think he might have a different phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I've created a contact called "Spammer" which I've set not to ring and to go straight to voice mail, and then I add any numbers that call to that contact. You can change the dialing ringtone and straight to vm options from the menu within the contact creation/editing screen in the People app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech