My daughter is getting me a turbo for Xmas. she doesnt know that i know about it.
    Not sure whether to go for the 64gb bn or just the regular 32 in black.
    I WILL use a case, tpu, to keep it from not being huge. and a screen protector.
    I have had one on my gs3 since day 1 and it looks like new.
    I would go no case but I am an auto technician. my hands are dirty and work on concrete all day. I do not want grease/grime getting into the BN if i go that route.

right now my gs3 is the 16gb with a 8gb msd card. both are about full. but i have not deleted all the pics/videos from it.

using the 21mp about what size is the typical file size of the picture?
    the lack of cases for the BN version have me somewhat worried. for the small amount of extra money to double the storage is worth it me.

I know some apps do not work with the 1440dpi screen. Have you had any apps that have not worked with the turbo?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-17-2014 09:24 PM
    My daughter is getting me a turbo for Xmas. she doesnt know that i know about it.
    I would go no case but I am an auto technician. my hands are dirty and work on concrete all day. I do not want grease/grime getting into the BN if i go that route.

right now my gs3 is the 16gb with a 8gb msd card. both are about full. but i have not deleted all the pics/videos from it.

the lack of cases for the BN version have me somewhat worried. for the small amount of extra money to double the storage is worth it me.

I know some apps do not work with the 1440dpi screen. Have you had any apps that have not worked with the turbo?
    For what it's worth, I haven't come across a single app that doesn't work with the turbo.

As far as cases, a lot of them will work for both the ballistic and the Kevlar. I'm running mine without a case, but there's a thread around here that lists cases that fit the nylon, even though they aren't advertised as such.

Given how durable the nylon has held up for me, the only things I'd be concerned about would be paint, heavy ink, or grease, so I think you would want a case. I think the cleaning/removal of the grease would actually be the problem, not the grease itself, if that makes sense.

I'm using default quality for my pictures, just sampled the file sizes, averages around 4.5 mb a picture. Given the usage you cited on your current phone I think you want the 64 gb.

Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 09:59 PM

Get the 64gb version for sure. Most cases fit both. If you use Bluetooth a lot for calling the life proof is great. If you don't stick with an otter box defender. Both will keep your phone looking like it was kept in a vault. Also haven't come across any apps that don't work.

12-17-2014 10:04 PM
    OP, an early welcome to 'tha fam'!

You may already know, but the 32gb comes in both BN or MGF. Though, I also suggest going with the 64gb as a "just in case" - don't want to potentially kick yourself later on for not having enough storage, with no sd card slot sadly. My 21mp pics have been 4-5 mb each. It can really start to fill up storage quickly with the pretty fun burst mode.

I also haven't experienced any incompatible apps so far. As for BN cases, some more are trickling out, but they're definitely lacking in number and variety, comparatively speaking.

If you're looking for a thin single layer tpu or silicone case that works w/ BN, it's a limited selection right now: Diztronic (BN version out soon), Tudia (BN version just coming out now), and the following which fit both versions: Aero Armor, Cruzerlite, Puregear, and VZW's High Gloss Silicone case. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple, and a couple of others have been debated as to whether they fit the BN. See the big case thread for more:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...rbo-cases.html
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-17-2014 10:32 PM
    I disagree it's been the case (no pun intended) that "a lot of" or "most" of the cases for the Turbo fit both the MG and the BN. Some do, and there are more coming as has been mentioned, but there is definitely a much smaller selection if you have a ballistic Turbo.

Regardless, I'd also recommend going with the 64GB version. Just helps even more to future proof the thing.

I haven't had any problems with apps not running or not running properly on the Turbo. Had mine since Halloween.
    12-17-2014 11:03 PM
    I disagree it's been the case (no pun intended) that "a lot of" or "most" of the cases for the Turbo fit both the MG and the BN. Some do, and there are more coming as has been mentioned, but there is definitely a much smaller selection if you have a ballistic Turbo.

Regardless, I'd also recommend going with the 64GB version. Just helps even more to future proof the thing.

I haven't had any problems with apps not running or not running properly on the Turbo. Had mine since Halloween.
    I think any silicon or TPU cases will work for all. It's the hard cases (plastic) that don't stretch that may have an issue. And any bumper style cases should work as well (the ones without a back, similar to the iPhone bumper cases). I've got the black high gloss silicon Verizon case and it works just fine on my BN 64GB.
    12-18-2014 03:12 AM
    I'm on my 3rd case on my 64g turbo. Started with Otterbox Defender which I previously loved with my S4. But the built in screen protector caused too much drag on typing /swiping, and I couldn't hear on calls that well. Returned it for a very expensive Lifeproof case, but that one inhibited the use of the buttons on the bottom of the screen. So I returned it for a Otterbox Commuter which I've now had for a week and seems to be doing fine. And BTW, I think the hearing issues I was experiencing were cleared up with the recent update to volte, so it wasn't case related at all. All that being said, my son has his 64g turbo in a case with a kickstand and I'm thinking that would be pretty cool -- he loves it!

12-18-2014 03:41 AM
    i think they are going to exchange it on friday for the 64BN. right now its the 32gb red. not a fan of it at all. i like all black phones. ( well if i could get the employee edition of the DT)

the case that i really want is the tech21 copper/orange and clear from verizon but its not on the site anymore. might have to call around and see if any stores have it.
    DO NOT want a huge case like the lifeproof or otterbox. makes it so much bigger. the tpu case on my gs3 bought from verizon has been great. some people like em and i am not one of them.

thanks for all the replies.

**edit**
    How is the gps on the DT. my GS3 sucks bad. takes forever to latch on if it even does. I can't even use my golf app
    12-18-2014 08:15 PM