02-12-2015 05:17 AM
45 12
tools
    ummm people the stock messenger does have mass delete, long press each converstion, its gets highlighted, then press trash, done !!!
    Exactly!
    In Windows I have a saying: When In Doubt, Right Click or Drag N Drop.
    Apparently the equivalent in Android is: When In Doubt, Long Press
    lol ...

= = =
    UnlockedOnly likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:24 PM
    ummm people the stock messenger does have mass delete, long press each converstion, its gets highlighted, then press trash, done !!!
    Yes, you are correct. Using the stock messaging app, you can long press each conversation and perform a mass delete.
    You cannot, however, long press individual messages within a conversation and perform a mass delete.
    I tried to do this and failed miserably. It is simply not a given function/ability.
    8SMS does allow mass delete of both conversations and individual messages, so that is where my loyalty lies for the time being.
    UnlockedOnly likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:28 PM
    I use Google messenger and have never gone back to any other sms app again. It's so stable and best part is that you can send and receive mms through WiFi instead of always data

Posted via the Android Central App
    Used hangouts for sms, which started crashing, so I switched to Google messenger. Love it. Simple and clean.

I LOVED Google Messenger, BUT, it is great for a few days and then starts messing up. I have downloaded/uninstalled many times over several months and same thing happens every time on my Galaxy Note 4.
    02-10-2015 06:38 PM
    Google messenger is by far the best and most stable

02-10-2015 06:43 PM
    8SMS does allow mass delete of both conversations and individual messages, so that is where my loyalty lies for the time being.
    I know you don't like it, but, just for the record and the benefit of others, Textra allows this as well.
    KA1OTE likes this.
    02-10-2015 06:56 PM
    Yes, you are correct. Using the stock messaging app, you can long press each conversation and perform a mass delete.
    You cannot, however, long press individual messages within a conversation and perform a mass delete.
    I tried to do this and failed miserably. It is simply not a given function/ability.
    verizons messenger+ does all of the above functions without the use of downloading and installing a third party app !!!
    quantum tao, Hgouck and D._Manley like this.
    02-10-2015 07:13 PM
    verizons messenger+ does all of the above functions without the use of downloading and installing a third party app !!!

BUT its buggy, i remember once it gave me the notification of an unsent message from hell, couldn't get rid of it, app disabled.
    02-10-2015 07:21 PM
    I know you don't like it, but, just for the record and the benefit of others, Textra allows this as well.
    Very true. Having tried both Textra and 8SMS, I found that 8SMS works better for my needs and has much less going on than Textra.
    A perfect case of "To each their own". They are both great apps and perform as described.
    02-10-2015 07:54 PM
    Very true. Having tried both Textra and 8SMS, I found that 8SMS works better for my needs and has much less going on than Textra.
    A perfect case of "To each their own". They are both great apps and perform as described.
    Try Google messenger. It also allows you to send and receive mms through WiFi and not data

02-10-2015 08:00 PM
    Try Google messenger. It also allows you to send and receive mms through WiFi and not data
    But it does not allow multiple selection of messages within a conversation, so they can be deleted in a batch - a feature she wants.
    02-10-2015 08:53 PM

I can't use Messenger when I'm on wifi. I have to shut off wifi and let Verizon kick back in for mms to send. Textra, and others, have an option to do this automatically.

02-10-2015 09:54 PM
    In my opinion e the droid stock messenger and 8SMS are not very pleasing to look at. Textra has been the best messaging app I've ever used. Great balance of simplicity, beauty, and just enough features. It is super fast, never had any issues, and takes up an extremely small footprint on storage. I love it.
    02-10-2015 09:57 PM
    BUT its buggy, i remember once it gave me the notification of an unsent message from hell, couldn't get rid of it, app disabled.
    I tend to believe your experience was an aberration of some sort. Many people, myself included, have used it extensively with great results. In the past, I've not been a fan of most Verizon apps but this one was done right.
    02-10-2015 10:24 PM
    I can't use Messenger when I'm on wifi. I have to shut off wifi and let Verizon kick back in for mms to send. Textra, and others, have an option to do this automatically.

That's peculiar. For me it works flawless without the use of data

02-11-2015 04:35 PM
    After seeing this thread resurrected I tried the Google messenger app. Didn't even know it was there. It's great.

I was thinking the same thing. Never heard of it before, but downloaded it yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Is there anything you're not liking about it?
    02-11-2015 05:10 PM

Besides syncing (which I have no need for at this time), what are the advantages over stock messaging ?

tia
    I share screenshots, pics, etc via text and I love being able to pull the right menu out and see all those pics lined up in a neat row.

Posted via the Turbo
    DatabaseMX likes this.
    02-11-2015 07:35 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Never heard of it before, but downloaded it yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Is there anything you're not liking about it?
    The Google messenger is fantastic! Very stable and reliable. Mms sending and receiving can be done without data and WiFi only

02-11-2015 08:20 PM
    Does Message+ allow for deleted sms retrieval?
    02-11-2015 09:00 PM
    Does Message+ allow for deleted sms retrieval?
    I do not believe so
    02-11-2015 09:30 PM
    That's peculiar. For me it works flawless without the use of data

Well I'd love to have it be flawless! Whenever I send or receive a message at home, my battery gets very hot, and the phone becomes sluggish and unresponsive until I shut off wifi. I should also note that I am on a network extender while home.

02-12-2015 05:17 AM
45 12