Tasker 'Cell Near' doesn't work after VOLTE

Jeff Hager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
This is for the Tasker users out there. After I had gotten my Turbo, I installed Tasker and set up a profile to set my phone to vibrate anytime I was near the cell tower by my office. Whenever I left the vicinity of that tower, my phone would revert back to the previous settings. This had actually worked pretty well up until around the same time that I installed the latest VOLTE update and activated it through Verizon. I also have another location that I like to have my phone set to vibrate and I was at that location last night. Things weren't working there either. I've tried rescanning for towers, but it doesn't seem to find any now. Has anybody else done something similar or even know what I'm talking about? It was nice going to work and having my phone automatically go to vibrate without having to think about it. I know I have other options, but this was the lowest power option and worked great.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have volte turned off, so I haven't ran into this yet. My cell near profiles are still working fine after the update. Thanks for the heads up though

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is for the Tasker users out there. After I had gotten my Turbo, I installed Tasker and set up a profile to set my phone to vibrate anytime I was near the cell tower by my office. Whenever I left the vicinity of that tower, my phone would revert back to the previous settings. This had actually worked pretty well up until around the same time that I installed the latest VOLTE update and activated it through Verizon. I also have another location that I like to have my phone set to vibrate and I was at that location last night. Things weren't working there either. I've tried rescanning for towers, but it doesn't seem to find any now. Has anybody else done something similar or even know what I'm talking about? It was nice going to work and having my phone automatically go to vibrate without having to think about it. I know I have other options, but this was the lowest power option and worked great.

I have the same issue.. I have it turn wifi on when it's near my house (with a network extender) and it worked perfectly. Once the update came, it broke that function, so I ended up turning advanced Calling off for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The same issue seems to have broken Llama location recognition too. Except Llama does have the "new cell API" feature. Pretty sure after reading other posts that this is a bug in the VoLTE update. The other symptom is that if you go into phone status, it says "unknown network" with VoLTE turned on.

Odd thing is that it doesnt affect all phones. My wifes turbo got the same update, and hers does not have this issue. Almost like a slightly different hardware build or something, given that the software on both are identical(did a FDR on both after the VoLTE update).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae