Top right hand sensor most sensitive on moto display??

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
OK so I have been testing the device. And I am basing this off of the observation that there are 3 'similar' appearing sensors in the corners of the device: 2 on bottom and 1 on top right. Which I think are the sensors of interest to activate the screen.

It seems that the TOP RIGHT corner is the most sensitive. I can activate the display whether I am 6 inches or 1millimeter above the device.

The other bottom ones will NOT activate the device if you are very close, I.e., just barely hovering over the screen. The device will activate if you are about 4 inches above. Anything closer will not activate it no matter how fast or slow you move over it.

Is this what others have noticed?
Jf

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
OK so I have been testing the device. And I am basing this off of the observation that there are 3 'similar' appearing sensors in the corners of the device: 2 on bottom and 1 on top right. Which I think are the sensors of interest to activate the screen.

It seems that the TOP RIGHT corner is the most sensitive. I can activate the display whether I am 6 inches or 1millimeter above the device.

The other bottom ones will NOT activate the device if you are very close, I.e., just barely hovering over the screen. The device will activate if you are about 4 inches above. Anything closer will not activate it no matter how fast or slow you move over it.

Is this what others have noticed?
Jf

The same applies to my Moto X. I heard that the bottom things aren't sensors, just emitters which"deflect" to the top, where the real sensor is. Don't know how accurate this is, but it makes sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary