So I'm kinda bored taking the train into work and this question has been on my mind, yeah I have a sad life.

Anyone know how Motorola will merge the new Lollipop notifications into their active display notifications?

I definitely like the fact using LED screens you can select pixels to activate and get that moto active display notifications, but using lollipop on a N9 I also like the new notification method in 5.0

I'm curious how Motorola will merge these two ... I hope we don't get a complete disabling of the new lollipop notifications, but I'm weary it may go that way.

I don't know if the MotoX has active displays as well, but since they have lollipop anyone know how this will go with the VZW branded Motorola phones like Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-19-2014 06:23 AM
    On the Moto X, you can choose whether you want the Moto Display or Lollipop's notification display.

12-19-2014 07:02 AM
    I don't know at all, but the new moto x let's you choose either method. The stock Lollipop ambient display method will consume more battery than moto display will, though.

I think moto display is the default, and if you switch off moto display it falls back to ambient display.

It seems likely that the turbo will get the same.
    12-19-2014 07:03 AM
    Cool thanks for the information.

I'm torn on which I'll use, I don't really care about that much information on my notifications, but I admit its new and looks cool and I'm distracted by shiny new things.

It seems logical to have LED displays be able to have a choice though ... I'm glad its not a hack to get either working.

12-19-2014 06:53 PM