I notice something strange last night. I have a Droid Turbo and my wife has a Moto X.

When I use Moto Voice to search something, the rings around the microphone puled for a long time and never really contracted before it decided to try and search what I was asking for.

On the Moto X, as soon as my wife is done talking the rings contract inward and complete the search.

Is this something other people are seeing? is the sensitivity on the Turbo mics set too high? It makes searching in the car on the Turbo VERY long unless I am using a good Bluetooth headset (I normally use a Plantronics Voyager Edge).

Thanks!
    12-19-2014 10:32 AM
    I have no clue on what's causing this, but my droid turbo also has the lag on moto voice, and it also reacts to any and all background noise so it's impossible to use in even mildly loud environments. It works fine on my friends moto x (or at least till he broke the phone, lol)
    I'd say it's a kernel thing, but idk since I haven't found any kernel sources or even just moto voice source codes.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for Marshmallow...
    11-12-2015 12:27 PM