I just got my 64GB version last night, and I was up late messing with it (still trying to decide if I'm going to do a factory reset after all of the updating of the OS). After owning Samsung devices for the last four years this is a BIG switch. I have been reading about how heavy of a skin Touchwiz is for a long time, but I never had anything to compare it to until now. I find myself googling a lot of things about how to set up this phone. But I'm quickly coming to appreciate the lighter touch of Motorola in skinning Android. I'm probably gonna be in some hot water the next couple days for messing with my phone instead of taking care of stuff around the house, it's all about priorities...
    KPMcClave, vegasdroid and VZWsucks like this.
    12-20-2014 11:28 AM
    I came from an iPhone 5s, but before that I had a Note 2. I loved the phone but hated touchwiz, found myself going with other skins and wasn't thrilled with a lot of those either. But I am 100% in love with my turbo, Moto android is perfect and all the features just make sense!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-20-2014 02:41 PM
    If you use a different launcher does it negate Touchwiz?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-20-2014 05:26 PM
    If you use a different launcher does it negate Touchwiz?
    No,Touchwiz is still there on the phone and you can change back to it at anytime. It's just a matter of changing which launcher you use by default.
    12-20-2014 07:49 PM
    Right. So you can get around using Touchwiz by just using a different launcher then. That's what I assumed. Just wanted to confirm. I've been using Nova on my last 3 phones.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-20-2014 11:44 PM
    Right. So you can get around using Touchwiz by just using a different launcher then.
    Not exactly. I can't say I'm one hundred percent sure when it comes to specifics, but I can say that changing the launcher doesn't get rid of touchwiz. Tw is much more than the launcher. I guess you could say on the android system pipeline, its in between the backend and frontend (what the user sees/interacts with). Regardless of the launcher used, its always running. Once you leave the launcher, like going into settings or if you want to use samsung exclusive features, you'll be dealing with touchwiz, whether thats good or bad is up to you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    spotnjack likes this.
    12-21-2014 01:16 AM