Why is my battery so poor after the 21.44.8 update??

Jpez17

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
battery life issue after 21.44.8 update??

Hey everyone,
I have the droid turbo and have since around thanksgiving. The battery life has been amazing except for the last 4 days. The only difference in usage and apps is the OTA 21.44.8 update. I've called Motorola and they haven't heard anything. I went into the verizon store and the tech looked at all the settings on my phone and couldn't see anything glaringly wrong. Is anyone else having this problem on the droid turbo or even other phones?? If so any suggestions on how to fix it. Right now I'm looking at 75% drain in just under 4 hours, please help!!!
Justin

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: battery life issue after 21.44.8 update??

It's probably Android System or Android OS that's using most of it. First, go to Settings/General/Storage, wait for Cache to finish calculating, then press it and clear it.

Then you (and the tech) should be aware that an updte usually causes Android to run like crazy for a few days, until it "settles in". (Now Verizon is hiring techs by hair color, not by knowledge? They used to be bad, but this is ridiculous - even some of the newbies here know about this.)

Derrick C

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

I too have had horrible battery life since the the 21.44.8 update. I have clear the cache and that seemed to help, getting me 9 hours from a fully charged battery, of minimal use of the phone. It is very frustrating!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I too have had horrible battery life since the the 21.44.8 update. I have clear the cache and that seemed to help, getting me 9 hours from a fully charged battery, of minimal use of the phone. It is very frustrating!

Just to give an idea of what I'm getting, and this is also extremely minimal use, I'm at 83%, with 34 minutes of calls and 25 minutes of screen time. Now before anyone says anything, I did state EXTREMELY minimal use. Had a busy day away from my phone so not much use, but it does give an idea of what I'm getting. With a heavier use day, I'd normally be around 50% by this time, but with around 4 hours of SOT and probably an hour of calls.

Derrick C

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Here is what I am currently dealing with... Screenshot_2014-12-21-19-40-08.jpg

If the pic doesn't display, I was at 12% remaining after just over 9.5 hours. The biggest drain was a single 45 minute phone call that used 27% of the battery. So, the battery can now last just under 3 hours of call time, not bad for a battery that CNET tested at 34 hours and 8 minutes. But the good news, the battery can go from a completely dead to fully, 100% charged in only a few minutes. Which leads me to believe that the software is incorrectly reading the battery charge. Which sucks, since the software reads the battery at 100% so it shuts off the charging mechanism so the battery no longer charges.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous software version?

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Here is what I am currently dealing with...

If the pic doesn't display, I was at 12% remaining after just over 9.5 hours. The biggest drain was a single 45 minute phone call that used 27% of the battery. So, the battery can now last just under 3 hours of call time, not bad for a battery that CNET tested at 34 hours and 8 minutes. But the good news, the battery can go from a completely dead to fully, 100% charged in only a few minutes. Which leads me to believe that the software is incorrectly reading the battery charge. Which sucks, since the software reads the battery at 100% so it shuts off the charging mechanism so the battery no longer charges.

You're getting the quick discharge/charge bug. It's a known problem and it's not related to the update at all. Many of us have this issue with the Turbo, do you use Qi charging? Many people claims that that's the culprit, I myself had this issue twice, I stop using Qi charging and have not seen the bug in the last 3 weeks.

Clear cache and leave the phone on the Turbo charger for a few hours even after it say 100%. The problem should go away in about 2 days.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Here is what I am currently dealing with... View attachment 156299

I still haven't charged or power cycled since I last posted. I just hit 39 hours, with just over 2 hours of SOT and 46 mins of calls. Like I said, this is very light use for me (prepping for Xmas company). The best I've gotten is 15 hours with 6 hours of SOT, around an hour of calls, and have around 30-40% remaining. I think there is something to what Finger mentioned. I've never used my Qi charger on my Turbo, nor the Turbo charger. I've been using the charger from my Droid Maxx, since I don't want to risk damaging the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20